3.0

THIRTY.
what they deserve

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The flashing lights of the prison ship had distracted Mayfeld as he searched the halls for me and Mando. However, his fear had blinded his eyes, giving us the advantage.

I snuck up behind him, the sound of my lightsaber surrounding us. Mayfeld knew he was done for.. even before he turned around. He spun around on his heels, eyes widening.

"No--!"

"Save it," I smirked as I deactivated my lightsaber, tucking it away inside my belt. "You'll thank me later, big guy."

I cuffed his hands with a pair of restraints that I had in my emissary belt. He growled in frustration as I pushed him forward. We walked through a couple of hallways, so we could get to an open prison cell.

Expectedly, I saw Mando waiting in front of the cell with his arms crossed. Before he closed the hatch shut, I threw Mayfeld inside the cell.. along with the other members of the gang.

"Alright," I said, looking up at Mando. "It's Qin's turn."

".. Yeah."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

It wasn't hard to find Qin. We could hear his heavy footsteps from a mile away; he was running to where the Razor Crest was stationed at. We quietly chased after him, trying to keep up with his speed.

"Qin!" Mando called after him as we approached the Razor Crest's bottom entrance.

We stopped ourselves a couple of feet away from Qin. Almost immediately, he looked down at the floor disappointedly. "You guys killed the others."

".. They got what they deserved." Mando shrugged, shaking his head.

Qin growled under his breath before turning around to attack us with his blaster. However, Mando was one step ahead of him: he took out his blaster and pointed it at the angered Twi'lek.

"You kill me, you and your girlfriend don't get your money. Whatever Ran promised, I'll make sure you guys get it and more." Qin surrendered, slowly throwing his blaster down onto the floor. "Come on, Mando.. be reasonable, huh?"

I grabbed my blaster and held it out in front of me, preparing to shoot if anything happened. Qin slowly started making his way towards us as my shoulders stiffened. He observed my features and marched up to me, smirking.

"Ooh, I like her. Your girlfriend sure is pretty.." He ran a hand through my hair, twirling some strands of hair around his finger. I glared and quickly pushed him away from me. He chuckled, ".. feisty too."

I tightened my grasp around my blaster as Mando held his up a bit higher, snarling. "Back off, Qin. Don't you dare touch her."

"Alright, alright.. I was just having a little fun." Qin snickered. He took a few steps back and held his arms out in front of him.. like he was turning himself in. "Anyways, you two were hired to do a job, right? So do it."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You're just gonna--"

"Isn't that your boyfriend's code?" Qin chuckled, shifting his gaze onto Mando's helmet. Mando lowered his blaster as Qin spoke to him. "Aren't you a man of honor?"