remus lupin : to keep you safe (part one)

(Y/N) soared across the quidditch field, stopping right besides James. "You think you'll catch the snitch today?" She asked him, slightly relying on his ability rather than her own today, she had woken up feeling dizzy and sluggish.

James glanced over at her, finally tearing his eyes away from the pitch. "I would like to hope so." He boasted, cracking his knuckles.

She nodded, her eyes scanning the Gryffindor crowds, searching. Her eyes narrowed as she seemed to draw away from the conversation James tried to continue. She kept her eyes out for her boyfriend, who no doubt would be accompanied Sirius and Peter.

"Looking for Remus again?" James questioned, a slight smirked played on his lips.

(Y/N) felt a blush run up her face, "That obvious?" She asked him.

Remus and (Y/N) had been together for just about six months, since the beginning of their fifth year at Hogwarts. He had caught her eye one day after a quidditch practice when Remus and the other two Marauders had come to pick up James. When (Y/N) had asked James about his chocolate haired friend, well it had all been down hill from there.

James shrugged, "Well yeah." He told her. "They said they'd be here." James reminded her, which really meant that if Remus said he was coming then there wasn't anything that would stop him. He was loyal as any, one of the best guys around.

"Oh I know, it just always makes me feel better lot see him you know?" She explained to James.

Remus had become somewhat of a safe place for (Y/N), he and all his friends had for her. Sure she had her own friends that she hung around, but she never felt more at home than when she was with Remus and the Marauders.

She knew of course, that he was a werewolf, and that he didn't think that it was safe or reasonable for her to be with him. But after so many fights and so many full moons they stopped talking about it, the problem to be resolved on its own. (Y/N) hoped so, she loved Remus and she didn't want his inability to love himself to reflect upon her.

The game was in full swing. James watched the pitch from above, keeping his head in a swivel as he searched the sky for golden snitch, which despite its out of place color seemed to still blend in with rest of his surroundings. He sighed, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands. Sometimes it was frustrating, he would spend an entire game and not see the snitch even once. He hoped today wasn't like that.

James looked down at the pitch below him, watching as (Y/N) she raced between the Ravenclaw chasers with the Quaffle in her hands. He narrowed his eyes as her, he found her abilities on to miniver around objects while only flying with one hand. She had shown up at Quidditch tryouts two years ago out of nowhere, taking everyone by surprise. James wasn't who had trained her, if anyone had, but he was just happy she hadn't wanted to be a seeker.

James watched far from above as two of the Ravenclaw chasers fell away from (Y/N)'s side, he moved up his broom in confusion. (Y/N) seemed just as confused as him, but took to opportunity to speed up as she approached the goals. It wasn't until the Blugger smashed into her side that (Y/N) or James noticed it.

Within a moment (Y/N) was falling from her broom with a screech, her arms flailing through the air in attempt to reach out for anything. James quickly took off towards her, with no real hope of catching her before she hit the ground. There was an array of gasps and shouts as she plummeted towards the ground, finally a professor raised their wand in attempt to slow her down.

***

When (Y/N) finally seemed to regain her consciousness there was barley anyone in the Infirmary, not that she could really tell because Madam Pamfrey had placed a white divider between her cot and the rest of the room. However beside her, laid Remus.