C3: The Second Contract

She gazed down at the countless miniature houses passing by below them and sighed as she glanced at her wrist watch once more.

12.05am

Of course it was that late. It was a pretty long journey that will soon come to an end in almost half an hour.

Suddenly, her heart skipped a beat as she now realised she was about to meet her first client. She reached into her handbag and pulled out her makeup bag and began ruffling through the contents in search for a blush brush. She finally found the brush and makeup pallet and worked her face properly and carefully.

"Attention to all customers, the plane will be landing shortly, please ensure that your bags and belongings are close to you as we approach the airport. Welcome to los Angeles, I was your flight host, Ms Collie Hawks and I thank you for your interest in flying with us."

She sighed out as she gazed out at the brightly lit airport with thousands of lights and trucks driving around.

The planed touched the ground and so did her heart. It came to a clean stop and the passengers began to walk out slowly.

Victoria reached into her bag and pulled out the picture of the man she was assigned to. She got up once she memorized the face and shoved the picture back into the bag as she got up and hurried out as well.

She stepped into the bus and waited as it transported them to the airport. She got off once it had come to a stop and walked towards the luggage. Reaching out for her suitcase she gasped only to have it snatched from the rollers in an instant. She glanced up at the possible threat only to stare into two unfamiliar blue eyes.

"Ms Silk?" He asked and she tensed a bit as she studied the man.

"Mr.... Lamar?" She asked a bit confused at how different he looked.

"No. I'm one of his men sent to escort you to his car. If you would please." He stood aside and that was then when she noticed more men in black standing in different places but particularly doing nothing.

Victoria cleared her throat and followed behind the man carrying her suitcase as though it was a stuffed animal.

They made it out of the airport and walked towards a black limo parked a few steps away from the doors, clearly getting a lot of attention from people around.

She clenched her fists as she walked to the car, her heels much louder than her own heart at the moment.

"Ms Silk." The man said as he opened the door only to have a fresh minty and wine scent rush into the open and directly onto her face.

She cleared her throat and sent a smile to the man before getting in shakily, not wanting to upset the owner of the deal before it even began.

She took a seat down and glanced around the limo until her eyes landed on the very familiar hazel eyes that were in fact staring back at her.

"Ms Silk." He said but did not intend to reach his hand out for her to shake. "I see you changed your hair."

"One of your requirements sir Lamar?" She asked with a small tagging smile only to slightly drop it when he shook his head in denial.

"Not necessarily." He said as he glanced out the window as the limo began to move. "The hair colour was a choice. You would give the Press an excuse that you had to go gold." He said and she frowned as she glanced down at her hands on her laps. "You're the youngest and the newest?"

"Yes. Three years younger than you are." She said with a smile as she remembered what Naomi had said about pleasing the client.

"And you willingly signed pregnancy papers without second thought? How strange." He said as he furrowed his brows at her. "Tell me Ms Silk. Are you a virgin?"