Chapter 6

Yuichi's POV

We got to the man hole and looked around us checking to see if there was anyone around us. No one. 

Me and Yuki exchanged eye contact. She nodded. I turned around to Eri- wait. Where is she? I quickly glanced around the area. She wasn't anywhere. Yuki also looked worried, frantically looking around her. 

"Yuki! What should we do?! Go in and forget about Erina or go look for Erina and forget about the meeting?!" I asked the older inkling. But even she looked a little lost on what we should do. 

"Yuki!" I called to her again. She looked like she just broke out of a trance. "I'll go find captain and Koutarou and tell them the problem. I'll ask the other agents as well." She said and dived into the manhole. It meant i had to look for Erina by myself for a while. "Erina! Erina where are you!" I exclaimed. "Erina!!" 

I looked for the octoling worrying. She only got here yesterday. She doesn't know anywhere properly. Where could she be. I saw a group of inklings who looked like they were hiding someone in the middle of them. I watched confused and decided to carefully watch them. 

"Well well. Who are you and what are you doing here huh?" I smirked. "I-i'm sorry. I'm l-lost. I'll go so can you let me go?" I heard a female's voice. Instinctively thinking it was Erina I watched in silence. 

"Silence! You were trespassing in our territory. That means a punishment. Boys! Give her a lesson she will never forget." The same inkling said. The other male inklings moved towards Erina and without thinking I burst out of my hiding place.

"Hey!! Leave her alone!" I yelled at them. They turned around to face me. The female they were surrounding became clear. It wasn't Erina. "Hah! Who are you punk! What kind of right do you have to say for us to F*ck off!" The same inkling said. I assumed he was the boss of the gang. 

"I'm Agent 4! Fourth agent of the new squidbeak splatoon and I demand you to leave her alone!" I exclaimed. "Agent 4? Psh. As if. Give us proof." The boss said. I sighed. I reached into my pocket and pulled out an ID card. 

"There. Happy? Now leave her alone and Scram!" I spat. They took a glance at my ID card and quickly scattered. "Thank you for saving me sir." The female inkling thanked me. "No problem. Now go." I said. She nodded and started running towards a crowd. I looked around. I still haven't found Erina. 

I sighed. I put away my ID card and continued my search for Erina.