35

Koustav entered his room to find Ria speaking with someone over the phone, she still hadn't changed her clothes. With her spare hand,she was trying to close the window. After hearing the one-sided conversation he guessed it to be Nabila. Though she was talking with her, Ria's tone today was different. Her sour mood might be blamed for it. Mostly she was listening and replying occassionally with 'hm's.

He went behind her and closed the window. Koustav expected Ria to budge or atleast he thought that this act of him would lighten her mood. But seeing her not responding ,he went to the cupboard and brought out his comfy clothes. Seeing him entering the washroom, Ria turned on the ac. All the things in her head started to cogitate and slowly she could not even think of anything else. So she gave Nabila an excuse of her headache and ended the call.

The sounds of tap water were still reaching her ears. She changed her clothes and kept her clothes for cleaning. Through the mirror,Ria saw Koustav getting out of the washroom. She turned away her gaze and went to turn off the lights.

Koustav had made his mood to clear things with her or soothe her by talking. But he kept watching as Ria sat on the side of her bed,gulping a tablet.

He hadn't seen Ria intaking any medicines till that time. So he asked,"What are you taking?"

While unfolding the bedsheet,Ria replied,"Aspirin . You want one?"

"No", Koustav heaved a sigh. " Why did you take it ? Are you alright?"

Ria still was on her side. Suppressing an yawn groggily ,she replied" Yeah. Yes...just some headache.....good night".
Koustav snaked his arms along her waist and slowly made her face towards him.

"Is it really a good night?", Koustav downed his head in the crook of her neck. He could see his close proximity still made her breathing faster.

"What do you want now?" Ria quarried.
"You know that.",Koustav whispered in her ear giving her goose-bumps.

"Why now?" Ria asked, her voice trembling.

" What baby?" Koustav shooted coming further close to her.

" Why do you have to leave me?". She could not even complete her sentence, Koustav kissed her passionately. Amidst her protests ,her crying came to halt as Koustav hugged her tightly. In his warmth she felt safe.

"I can't leave you  even if I want it now" Koustav declared during his sweet love-making process.

Ria saw Koustav turning to his side after some time. The aspirin made her feel groggy, but there was not any chance of sleep to come today. Grabbing the bed sheet tightly around her, she kept looking at his back. So many postures he changed during his sleep, he looked comfortable unlike before. She thought that he might have changed his mind and he would not leave her.

The early rays of dawn lighted her side of bed. She turned off the AC and opened the balcony door. Grabbing a stool she went to sit and enjoy the view. Her mind fresh inspite of not sleeping the whole night. Koustav's slumber was broken by that slight sound.

He put on his shirt and came to join her."Want some tea? How is your head?", Koustav asked sitting near her legs.

"No.no. Don't sit on the floor", inspite of her protests Koustav sat and kept his head on her lap.They chatted. They saw the sunrise together that day. The orangy tint of sun-rays slowly fading away the velvetty purply-bluish tone of the sky.

"So madam, your mood alright now! ",Koustav's teasing made her smile. "Btw, I do suck at packing, please pack the bag for me.",he demanded looking at the sky.

"I know this makes you upset. But right now,I have no other option rather than this. If we loose this oppertunity,I've to join Baba's business.....which I don't want right now. This job needs me and vice-versa.....it is important for my career. Please ."His caressing patting on her chicks seemed like slaps to her. His words shocked her and thrashed her dreams,her peaceful cocoon was gone. The same feeling of hopelessness, fear of loneliness gripped her horribly. Her mind started to think in a different way.