12|Forgiveness is her Armour

A/N: So Valkyrie (Tessa) will mostly be
called by her real name, Brunnhilde.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"We are made of flesh,but we must live as if we were of iron

but we must live
as if we were of iron."
~Sigmund Freud
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Out of the three children that the king and queen of Asgard had, their only daughter was the most court suited one. She knew the etiquettes, songs, history and could charm all that came to Asgard's court.

Thus, Freya was chosen to go to Alfheim as Asgardian ambassador in order to win their allegiance. Fandral had been sent along to protect her, after all the Light Elves had started a revolution two decades prior. The war that had raged the Nine Realms because of it wasn't as bad as the Niflheimian Revolution had been.

"Here is your room your Highness and yours is next to it my lord." The young servant bowed and Freya nodded in thanks as Fandral bowed slightly in return. The following days, Freya spent most of the day trying to convince Elundil, the Light Elf king to agree to Asgard's peace terms, however the king was as stubborn as Thor.

"Rey?" A soft knock on the door of Freya's room made her sit up on her bed and open the door to find Fandral standing outside "Hello." He voice sounded tired as she allowed him to enter her room "He is not complying is he?" Fandral asked as he sat on a soft chair, Freya shook her head as she sat down on her bed, burring her face in her hands "He blames me for killing Light Elves. Which I have, but in battle. He blames me especially for the death of his daughter, Auriel, She was killed in the battle of Nornheim."

"You almost died in that battle, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you had." He whispered the last part, but Freya heard it and she looked up at him a weak tired smile graced her lips "It would not be really proper." She answered his thoughts and Fandral smirked kindly at her "Oh sweet Rey." He leaned in and stole his first kiss from her.

Freya knocked on the metal door, it was a few second before the door slid open to reveal Loki who looked taken back by Freya in front of him. Before he could react, her small arms wrapped around his tall frame and Loki wrapped his arms "I am here." With those three words, Freya forgave her younger brother. He was still the young boy who'd sit in the library all day and who'd get his older siblings to play with him when he was a young child and they had already reached their teenage years.

He was still Loki, and she was his Freya. His protector, teacher, friend and sister. She was the bridge between her two brothers and she'd keep them safe whatever the cost.

It was the next morning that Freya went to visit Nanna, the two had a lot of catching up to do after all.

"Nanna, if I may, why did you leave so abruptly? You did not even leave a proper note." Freya asked softly, she knew her friend and Nanna always had a good explanation for her actions, Nanna looked down, her confident exterior faltering "I never told you the truth about the fall of the Valkyries. There was no army of the Black Order, it was your elder sister, Hela. Odin made me and Brunnhilde swear to secrecy. It was too much, all our sister were dead and we could not speak of the truth." Nanna looked away before shrugging "Nanna, I am so sorry." The younger woman put a comforting hand on Nanna's hand who smiled weakly before she closed herself off again "Come, I shall introduce you to Brunnhilde." Nanna stood up and Freya followed quickly behind her old friend.