Chapter Thirty-Three

I had arrived at the cabin; Jeremy was out the door before we had put the car into park. I laughed when he came running up to the car.

"Would think you guys were separated for years or something." Matt mused.

"It's been a week." I shrugged. I undid my seat belt, turning to open the door when Jeremy already opened it.

"Hey stranger." I laughed when he picked me up out of the car and spun us around.

"Took your time." Jeremy laughed back.

He looked happier than I have seen him in a while. He out me down and I grinned up at him.

"Pizza?" I asked excitedly.

"Always." He grinned.

"NOO! We had pizza two nights ago." Alaric whined, walking down to join us. I rose a brow at him. He should know by now that pizza was a celebratory meal for us Gilberts. I threw my arms around him and hugged him.

"How are you?" I asked, pulling away so I could see his face.

"Better. No relapses yet." I saw the guilt flash across his face.

"Well good, I'm here just in case he makes an appearance." I held up my hand, wriggling my fingers. He laughed.

"I have missed you." He said.

"I have missed you too. I may have missed Jeremy too." I said with a sly smile.

"Hey!" he grumbled, sending me a small glare. I stuck my tongue out at him, he shook his head with a laugh. "Lucky I love you." He muttered.

"I love you Jer."

Alaric grabbed my bags from Matt's truck. We waved as he pulled away, promising to be down in a few days-time. Walking inside, I sighed. Memories were everywhere I looked. Jeremy wrapped his arms around me, chin on my head.

"I remember them all too." he murmured.

"Yeah, I love this place."

"I do too."

After unpacking, I walked out of the room, I was staying downstairs in the old room I sometimes shared with Elena. Walking out into the living room, I frowned when no one was there. As I walked outside, peering around, I frowned.

"Hello?" I called.

No one answered. I shrugged and started to go for a walk through the forest. As I walked around a big tree truck a wooden arrow flew past my face. I blinked, then screamed jumping back.

"Jordan? What are you doing out here?" Jeremy annoyedly asked. yeah, like he had a reason to be annoyed. I scowled, peeking around a tree.

"I was seeing where everyone was."

"Training." Jeremy lowered the crossbow before walking over to me. his eyes scanned me head to toe. "You ok?" he asked.

"Fine. Lucky you have a sucky shot." I smiled.

Jeremy just gave me a look and I knew he was angry at himself. I reached out and squeezed his arm before frowning.

"I really need to work out." I muttered. Still squeezing his bicep. He laughed, pulling me from the safety of the tree.

"You can join us then."

"Noooooo, I was joking." I complained as he dragged me along. 

After the worst workout session of my life, I trudged back inside, holding my shoulder that was bruising already. Jeremy smiled when he walked past me.

"Want me start dinner?" he asked.

I nodded, yelling I would have a shower before I was out. Once I wan clean and my muscle felt better, I fell down onto the couch with a groan.

"You did good, Jordy." Alaric smiled as he handed me a glass of water. I smiled, taking it and chugging it down. The water felt so good. Half an hour later, Jeremy finished the pizza, slicing it up and handing me my plate. I took a massive bite, my cheeks blowing out to make more room.

"Relax Jordan, no one is going to steal your pizza." Jeremy laughed.

I bobbed my head, chewing as fast as I could.

"HA!.....hungry." I replied through chews. Jeremy laughed, shaking his head before taking a massive bite. Alaric sat with us, eating and laughing. I wished Elena could be here with us. Enjoying a family meal. I grabbed my phone, taking a quick snap. Jeremy, Alaric and I had mouthful of pizza and grinned at the camera. I sent it to her with a message of 'Just missing one.' I got reply from her rather quickly. She had sent me the emoji with the heart eyes and 'The missing one, misses you all.'

"Elena says she misses you guys." I said, taking a smaller bite this time.

"How is she?" Alaric asked.

I looked over, eyes scanning Jeremy's tense frame and turned to Alaric.

"She is good. She is drinking from blood bags." I answered.

"Is she.... handling it?" Alaric glanced down at his hands.

I sighed, shaking my head.

"No, she isn't."

"Has she hurt you?" Jeremy asked suddenly. I blinked in surprise and shook my head.

"No. only been hurt by one vampire...."

Jeremy stood quickly, his body shaking in anger.

"Who is currently in pieces, thanks to Kol." I finished before he could go and hunt for his crossbow. He turned to me with a raised brow.

"Kol?" Alaric asked.

"Yeah......we have this thing...." Jeremy cut me off.

"What?!" his voice was quiet, and I sighed, feeling that darkness swirling around him. I sucked up as much as I could, seeing he was calming down enough I could finish my sentence.

"We are frenemies. He keeps trying to force me out of team Kill-Klaus."

"He doesn't want you involved." Jeremy gave a nod, indicating he was having a conversation in his head. I watched him when he turned to me and shrugged. "As long as he doesn't hurt you."

"He said he would if I tried to kill Klaus." I muttered. Alaric snorted. I turned to him with my brow arched. He smiled at me.

"Sounds like he likes you."

"Don't you start too!" I whined, falling back into the couch. I didn't want to start thinking about Kol. He was taking up too much space in my head as it is. "Why can't it go back to the days of him breaking my hand and hating him."

"Because I don't think you want to hate him Jordan." Alaric chuckled before standing up and leaving Jeremy and I alone.

"Do you?" Jeremy asked.

I sighed and then folded my arms, looking over at him. Jeremy narrowed his eyes. "He is a vampire, Jordan."

"I know Jer. I just wished he would stop being.....well, Kol. It would make it a million times easier to hate him."

"Does he like you?" he asked stunning me for a second. I shrugged.

"He said he fancied me. That could mean he likes me for now, give it a year and he would fancy someone else......maybe Elena." I said a little bitterly. Everyone ended up liking Elena. She was pretty, smart, popular, kind and caring. How could someone not?