2- Batman and Robin

GOTHAM CITY 2008

GOTHAM CITY 2008

  THE NIGHTTIME SKY WAS CLEAR, the stars shining brightly on the gloomy city below. Upon a rooftop sat two shadows, perched on the edge, waiting. From here they could see everything, people coming and going, planes flying high. It was the perfect hiding spot, it was unsuspected, unseen.

"So, are we just going to sit here?" A young Veronica spoke, breaking the silence. Her partner's head whipped towards her, her bright red lips shifting upwards in a coy smirk.

  "Yes."

  Veronica rolled her eyes, letting out a huff. "Patience, Veronica. All in good time." Selina chuckled, pulling her black leather mask over her face.

Veronica followed suit, sliding her black satin mask over her eyes. She was still appalled at the suit Selina had hand-made for her, the black and white contrasting each other beautifully. She adored it. As well as the fact that it fit perfectly for her alias, Lynx.

A loud bang broke the undisturbed silence, as a siren blared and five men rushed out of a building.

"Time to shine, doll," Selina grins, jumping off the building they were perched upon.

As agile as a cat, Veronica thought, smiling to herself as she followed.

This wasn't Veronica's first mission with Selina, but each time it brought a whole new level of excitement. Kicking bad guys' asses was fun. Who knew? You could say she got some kind of twisted feeling of revenge from it.

  "Hey boys, mind if I join the party?" Selina purred, landing with such grace that Veronica could only dream of attaining.

She slid clumsily to a stop behind her (clinging to the wall like a lifeline so the criminals couldn't see her), and watched Selina do her dirty work.

  Her voice was silky and sultry as she strutted towards them. The men's heads all whipped around, a sly smirk forming on their faces.
"Yeah, actually. It's VIP only! Pretty ladies like you shouldn't be tampering around this late at night," One called out, stepping in front of the rest.

Veronica stayed hidden in the shadows, waiting for her cue. She still couldn't comprehend how Selina had so much confidence, and she watched, awestruck, as she worked her magic.

  "What a pity, looks like I'm crashing then!" Selina laughed, before running up to one and backflipping into his face, landing on her feet. Perfectly poised, she leaned down close to his ear and whispered, from what she could hear, "And pretty boys like you shouldn't be in a business like this." She delivered a swift punch to his face then, before he had time to reply, and knocked him out cold.

The men erupted in fury, surrounding her with a new rage, having their leader just been KOed.

  That's when Veronica made the decision to step in.