Chapter 25

Amber woke up the next morning. She thought that she had dreamed that she saw Jasper here, but she felt cold arms around her. "I still must be dreaming." She said.

"You are not." Jasper said. Amber looked up at him.

"Jasper?" She asked.

"Yes?" Jasper said.

"You're actually here?" Amber said. "I'm not dreaming?"

"I can assure that you are not dreaming and I am very much real." Jasper said as he kissed Amber on the lips. Amber's heart started beating faster, like it does whenever Jasper kissed her.

"So, you were here last night when I got sick?" Amber asked.

"Yes." Jasper said.

"Why do you not have a shirt on?" Amber asked. "Not that I'm complaining." Jasper chuckled.

"You had a fever last night." He explained. "Bella asked if I could help bring it down." Amber nodded. "Do you want to come over today?" Jasper asked. "I know Rosalie and Esme wants to see you."

"Sure." Amber said. They both got out of the bed.

"I'll let you wake up and get ready." Jasper said as he put his shirt on. "I'll come back in a little bit to pick you up."

"Ok." Amber said. She watched Jasper climb to the window, down the tree, and took off.

Amber got dressed, changing into a pink sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers. Once she finished getting ready, she headed downstairs. Bella was already in the kitchen. "Morning." Amber said.

"Hey." Bella said. "How are you feeling today?"

"Better." Amber replied. Bella took her temperature.

"Well, your fever's gone." She said. "I guess what Jasper did helped." Amber nodded. "Are you hungry? I can make you some breakfast."

"I'm not really hungry right now." Amber said.

"You need to eat something." Bella said.

"I'll eat something later." Amber said. "I'm just not hungry right now."

"You better." Bella said.

"I'll make us some coffee." Amber said. Bella nodded. "Jasper said he was going to pick me up in a little bit and bring me to his house." Amber said.

"Ok." Bella said. "I went over there during the night."

"As in the middle of the night?" Amber asked.

"Yeah." Bella said.

"Why?" Amber asked.

"To talk to them about us becoming vampires." Bella said.

"What did they say?" Amber asked.

"Carlisle said he would turn us after graduation." Bella said.

"Ok." Amber said. She finished with the the coffee, poured it two mugs, and joined Bella at the table, who was eating a bowl of cereal. "So, I heard you went to Italy." Amber said. Bella looked at her. "Jacob told me." Amber said.

"Ahh ok." Bella said.

"Edward's ok?" Amber asked.

"Yeah." Bella said. They sat in silence, until Amber got a text from Jasper.

"Jasper's here." Amber said as she put her mug in the sink. "See you later."

"Make sure you eat something today." Bella said.