𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @my_bangpink_hearteu

Title: Book

I took the book off the shelf and paged through it, making sure it was the right one. I can't count the times I made it all the way out to the library and then realized I had the wrong book as I was leaving. My parents had taken all the covers off the books to make sure they all had the ugly brown color underneath- for presentation purposes they'd told me. 

Whatever that meant.

"Finally." I hummed, making my way outside and to the garden where my favorite swing hung from the tree my grandfather had planted when I was a baby. I had decorated it with flowers as I got older, and now it was completely covered with petals. I ran my hand over the seat before taking it, sinking down and smelling the air as the scent of the flowers suddenly filled it.

"Oh, hello." I smiled as the fairies ran up to me. Yes, fairies. They were a common occurrence where my kingdom was located, so I grew up with them around me. Now, when I say fairies, don't think of some cute little Tinkerbell or the three from Sleeping Beauty. Fairies were beautiful, but not like a human.

They had different colored hair, with skin the same paling color, and matching dark eyes. They had sharp little shark teeth and razor claws, but that was it. They wore cute little clothes, usually dresses the same shade of their hair and no shoes. Their wings were really what made them different. They didn't have cute little pixie wings, no. They had wings like a bats. Their wings protruded from their backs, and you could see where their skin broke and their veins and bones had turned hard and grew. Their wings were ugly and huge, a little bit bigger than the fairy, and they actually tried to use them as little as they could as it brought them great pain.

Which is why they ran up to me in the garden that day.

"Hello, Alvy." I greeted her and she bowed to me, jumping onto my lap. She was about the size of the palm of my hand, but was already fully grown. She smiled at me with her sharp little teeth and tossed her bright pink hair over her shoulder.

"What are you reading reading, Princess (y/n)?" Aretha, another fairy, asked me. I held up my book and they both gasped.

"You are not allowed to lay eyes upon that, young ruler." Alvy scolded me, trying in vain to take the book from my grasp. I lifted it above my head so she couldn't reach it without flying and she gave me a hurt look. I knew how much she hated when I teased her about the awful things on her back.

Instead of flying, she just jumped off my lap and grabbed a silent Aretha by the arm to lead her off of my lap and back onto the grass-covered ground. They both ran off and I was left by myself. Good things about fairies, they get upset easily and forgive even more so.

I opened the book and read the first page, where a spell was written. I ran my finger under the words as I read, mouthing the words to myself.

Portal, portal, by my hand

Take me to another land

Where it's fun and never dull

So that my aching heart may again

Be full

"Huh, what a weird spell." I said to myself as I stood up, snapping the book closed. Suddenly, there was a flash of purple and I looked down to see a violet sea underneath me.

"That wasn't there before." I said to myself and before I could think of anything else, I fell through the purple sea and saw nothing else.

++++++++++

"Okay, Leo." I sighed as I shut the lab door. I walked back to my desk chair and sat down heavily. Then, there was a flash and I stood up as a portal opened in the corner.

"Hello?" I asked as a dark shape fell through and landed heavily on the floor.

++++++++++

"Hello?" I heard someone ask as I opened my eyes. I looked up to see a turtle and nothing else as my eyes closed again and I blacked out.

++++++++++

I'm going to be evil and end it right there, haha. Anyways, request, vote, and follow! Thanks!