A normal life *part 1* (Peter Parker)

My eyes fluttered open, the feeling of Peter's arm wrapped around my waist tempting me back into sleep, but I resisted the urge as I knew that I had to get up. I sighed and stretched out as I sat up. I heard Peter's groans of annoyance at me getting up, making me smile and look over my shoulder at the sight of my still sleeping husband.

"Babe, we need to get up." I chuckled.

"You can get up, I'm going to have five more minutes." The curly-haired man nodded, making me giggle as he rolled onto his front so that his naked chest was pressed to the mattress.

"You don't have five minutes, you've got a meeting with Happy in an hour, Pete." I sighed, though biting my lip to try and stop my smile from growing.

"It's only Happy." He mumbled. I chuckled and shook my head as I stood up, pulling Peter's white dress-shirt around my body as I left the room. I walked through our house, taking a brief glimpse into Peter's project room before stopping in my tracks and going back to it. I sighed as I walked slowly into the room. The four walls held everything that was either related to Peter's previous job as Spiderman or what he needed in order to do his job as the CEO of Stark Industries from home. I bit my lip, walking up to the hanging picture frame that contained Peter's old Spiderman suit. I sighed as I ran my fingers along the glass. Peter and I had met in college five years ago, both of us having attended the same classes at Caltech but not noticing each other until the third year of our degree. We had started dating after we had drunkenly hooked up at the party at which we met. Peter was only meant to be a one-night-stand but thank fuck that he had ended up being so much more. After half a year together, he had asked me to move in and had also come clean about the fact that he was Spiderman, leaving me shocked, to say the least. Two years went by and before I knew it, he was getting down on one knee and proposing to me, us tying the knot two years later, and a year ago before where we were now. Though, when he had proposed, I had made Peter promise me that he'd at least try to give us a normal life, away from enemies and fame as much as he could considering that he'd inherited Tony's business. And that's when the suit had been framed and hung up for good. I bit my lip, still staring at the suit as I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Morning." Peter mumbled into my neck, making me smile as I leant my hand back to run my fingers through his hair.

"Morning to you too, Mr Parker, CEO of Stark Industries." I teased. He groaned and moved his arms, making me laugh as he caught my hand in his moving one and started to pull me towards the kitchen.

"I got the job two years ago, when are you going to stop calling me that?" he chuckled as we walked into the kitchen, me pouring a mug of coffee.

"When it's no longer true." I nodded. He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled as his phone buzzed. He dug it out of his sweater-pant pocket and looked at it.

"Shit, I've got to go, babe." He sighed, quickly taking my mug and drinking some of the coffee.

"Everything okay?" I asked as he grabbed his wallet and keys before shoving them into his briefcase that was on the counter.

"Yeah, nothing for you to worry about. I'll see you at dinner." He smiled, leaning down and quickly pecking my lips before rushing off to get dressed. I chuckled and shook my head as I took another sip of my coffee.

Peter's P.O.V

"I'm home!" Peter yelled as he shut the front door, looking up to see if he could hear Y/N. Nothing. He sighed, knowing that it was probably a late-running shift for her as he put his briefcase down and quickly undid his tie. He wandered into the kitchen as he pulled the tie off completely, followed by his suit jacket as he undid the top few buttons of his white shirt. He grabbed an apple and took a bite before wandering into the living room.