thirteen

13|TORO

Asra Blen sighed in defeat as she threw her cards on the table, she had lost another game. Peli laughed victoriously, jumping up and cheering loudly.

"How do you keep winning? You must be cheating?" The healer grumbled, pushing the coins closer to the mechanic. They had decided to 'gamble' with the coins Mando had given Peli.

"No  you just suck at this." Peli smirked, piling up the coins. "Another round?"

"No, how about this time we play my card game?" Asra grinned, shuffling the pack of cards and dealing them. She explained how to play and the rules before splitting the coins between the two. The child giggled excitedly on her lap, reaching for a coins and chewing on the cold metal.

"So how long have you and your husband been together?" The older woman asked casually, placing her card on the table.

"Husband?"

"Sorry, I thought you two were married." Peli quickly apologised.

"Oh no, it's fine. We are married but we try to keep it a secret." Asra lied, trying to regain her cool again. "We also adopted this little one."

"From the moment I saw you two together I knew you were in love." The two women went quiet after that, both going back to enjoying the game.

More time passed and soon the sun was setting, the worry Asra was feeling continued to build up until she burst.

"That's it! I have to go find him." She threw the cards down on the table and stood up, both Peli and the Child jumping with fright. Ignoring the calls the older woman gave her, Asra ran out the small building and towards the Razor Crest to grab some weapons.

A large gloved hand grabbed her upper arm and spun her around causing a bright smile to colour her face. But it quickly fell when she saw it was not her Mandalorian.

"Where is he?" She demanded, trying to remove her arm from the bounty hunters grasp but his grip tightened. "I asked you a question."

"He was right behind me, we can wait for him in the ship. Get your friend to join us." Toro gestured to Peli standing worried in the doorway with the child in her arms.

"What? No." Asra scoffed, roughly ripping her arm away and stepping backwards. "Where is he? What did you do?"

"Relax, your precious Mandalorian is still alive but you won't be if you don't listen." He raised his blaster to her head and chuckled as he watched her flinch, her courage draining.

"I'm fine. Peli, come to the ship with the child." The healer reassured the mechanic and gestured for the woman to come closer.

Toro kept the gun held to her head and grabbed the Child with his other hand. Peli stayed behind, eyes darting between Asra and the door, everyone waiting for the Mandalorian to appear. Eventually they heard the bounty hunter arrive, Toro stepping out into the light to show Mando his bounty.

"Took you long enough, Mando." Toro smirked, pushing the healer forwards slightly and keeping his finger near the trigger. "Look's like I'm calling the shots now. Huh, partner?"

"Mando, get the child. Don't worry about me and please don't listen to this maniac." Asra begged, ignoring the growl the man behind her made as he lifted his blaster.

"Drop your blaster and raise 'em." Toro demanded. He turned back to look at the scared mechanic and gestured for the older woman to go to Mando. "Cuff him. You're a Guild traitor, Mando. And I'm willing to bet that this here is the target you helped escape."

"Let go of the Child!" The healer slammed her foot down on his but before she could move away she felt the blaster smash on to the back of her head. Black dots filled her vision as her body felt weak, knees crashing on the metal ground.

"Fennec was right. Bringing you in won't just make me a member of the Guild, it'll make me legendary." She heard a muffled voice laugh then a blaster shot. Her eyes fluttered closed as her breathing slowed, the still body landing near her informed her that Toro had been eliminated.

"Asra?" A deep voice called her name repeatedly, arms going under her legs and shoulders, picking her up.

"The child?" She asked, trying to fight off the drowsiness, her vision blurry as she tried to focus on the man.

"The Child is fine, you need to rest." He told her, placing her gently on the bed. Asra's eyes closed once her head hit the soft pillow. His hand pushed away the curly hairs off her face and a gentle kiss was placed on her temple.

"Rest." She felt the ship moving as sleep finally consumed her, dragging her into the dark void.