SEVEN: Distance

With Iida having only a few meters left to the door when being surrounded by the shadowed cloud, I knew there was just no way he could make it out before being ported to somewhere else like the others.

     A blur of black and pink raced past us and before I knew it, Uraraka had grabbed the man's silver neckpiece and had thrown him into the air with her quirk, freeing Iida once more. Taking the chance given to him, he reaches the doors and makes an exit, no doubt speeding off to call for the pros.

     Turning our collective attention back to Thirteen and the man who hurt her, we all went to make a move to counter him again, when he seemed to vanish in retreat.

     Standing there, unsure of what to do next, we all looked at each other nerves still wracked, some of us shaking while others fell to their knees. I was part of the latter.

     All of us gathered around Thirteen, trying to figure out what we could do to help her, and off in the distance, near what looked like a small cluster of mountains, I caught sight of a strobe-like glow and knew it could only be one thing- or rather, one person.

     "KAMINARI!" My eyes wide, I stand and stupidly start towards the direction of my classmate, who I was sure was in more danger now than he would have been, had he not let his quirk loose like that. I didn't get far though, as a hand took a firm grip on my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

     Looking back, I'm met with a concerned look in Sero's eyes. He shakes his head and pulls me back towards him and the others.

     "Hey (L/N), where do you think you're running off to? You heard the teachers, this isn't some drill, this is real. As in: you could get hurt, for real." He spoke with a wavering voice as he shook his head, pleading with me to stay in place.

     Not pulling against him, I motion towards the mountain area.

     "But- you don't understand, Sero. Kaminari he- his quirk- when he discharges like that-" I started to protest, but stopped when he squeezed my arm. Not painfully, but tight enough to get the message across.

     "(L/N), I get that you're concerned about him, but the safest thing you can do right now, for yourself and for Kaminari, is to stay here." Sero kept his grip on my arm as I reluctantly nodded and slumped my shoulders.

     Looking back at the mountain zone, I stepped closer to Sero, placing my hand over his that he still had a hold of my arm.

     "I just... I know he still hates me, so I have no right to be, but I'm just worried, you know?" I squeezed his hand, my brows furrowing.

     Seeming to mull something in his head for a moment, Sero pulled me into a quick hug, patting my back.

     Even now... there's that gentle scent of citrus... No! Stop being weird! Now is not the time!

     "I getcha, (L/N), but don't worry, Iida's gone to get help. With how fast he is, the pros will be here in no time and we'll get out safe and sound, all of us." Pulling back, he placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me another reassuring pat.

     "Thanks..." nodding, I move back, kneeling down by thirteen's unconscious form with the others as we waited for help to arrive.

—————————————

     Soon enough, help did arrive, and with the Pros filling into the entrance, those of us that had been up top were quickly escorted out to a crowd of emergency responders who checked over those who might have been injured.

     Sero handed me over to a responder, both of us explaining what had happened; the man with the portal-type quirk nearly sending me to an early grave via free fall.

    As we were gathered a good distance from the main entrance to the building for our own safety, with emergency responders and police taking care and taking statements, more pros had arrived and already made their way inside. 

      While each of us who had been let out were checked over and corralled together with the responders and other Pros, I couldn't help but worry about what was going on inside. 

      "Do.. do you think they're getting to the others in there?" I asked, fidgeting with the front of my costume's support harness. 

     "They've got some of the best heroes UA has to offer, I'm sure they have things under control..." Uraraka said, placing her hand on my shoulder, "Are you feeling any better? falling from that high must have been pretty scary..."

     "I'm okay, just feel like I should be doing more. Our classmates are still in danger, and until I see them come out those doors safely, I don't think I'll be able to relax..." I grumbled, trying to not let myself get worked up.

     "You can't stop yourself from worrying about our peers, I get that, but you should try to keep in mind that these guys are called pros for a reason. They'll do everything in their power to ensure we all get out of this in one piece." Shoji said, coming up to where we were standing.

     "It's all we can do now to just listen to our honorable teachers and the other pro heroes, and stay safely out of the way, out. As Shoji said, heroes like that... they won't take a moment's rest until everyone is safe once more." Iida reassured, glancing over at the doors to the USJ in the near distance where we could faintly hear the sounds of an intense battle taking place.

--------------------------------