39. Confrontation

Owens nearly had to block Joyce's number after having the kids for only a couple days. She called every chance she could to make sure that they were okay and that he had no touble following the schedule. After the fifth day, Joyce finally brung herself to fully relax and give Hopper her undivided attention.

She returned from the bathroom with a pail full of warm, soapy water and rolled her sleeves. She dipped the wash cloth in the water and gave it a squeeze before gently wiping his face. After that, she moved down to his chest, carefully working her way around the healing wounds and wires that were hooked up to him.

Once she finished his upper body, she carefully undressed him from the waist down and proceeded to clean his junk. She looked up at him to see if he would respond to any stimulation, but his facial expression continued to show the same, blank look it had been showing for the past week.

When she finished, she threw the rag in the pail and headed to the bathroom sink and dumped the water. She returned to the room, threw the pail on the chair, and pulled off her shirt to change her clothes.

She wondered off to the bathroom for no particular reason, and at the same time heard movement coming from the room.

Hopper grunted slightly and attempted to move his sore body. He saw a blurry Joyce walk towards him as his eyes tracked her blurry movements.

"Hey, careful", she said in a soft voice as she made her way to his side with a glass of water.

"Hey", she whispered as she gently rubbed his forehead.

"Babe", Hopper mumbled as a tear fell from his eye before a sour taste made it's way up his throat.

Hopper retched as Joyce quickly grabbed the pail from the chair and held it to the side of the bed. He held onto her arm as he emptied his stomach into the pail and then wiped his mouth.

"It's okay. That's it. Got it?", Joyce asked as she attempted to hold her breath due to the smell.

"How long have I been out?", he asked roughly as he took two pain pills from Joyce.

"A week. You've been in a coma", she said as she passed him the glass of water.

"Yeah, but how did I get here?"

"I couldn't even tell you. Apparently, I passed out after seeing you get shot", she replied as she watched him sit up, clearly still in pain. "What's the last thing you remember."

"Some punk son of a bitch fucking shot me in front of my girls", he said as he started pulling at the IV and other wires on his body.

"Hey, you need to rest."

"No. I'm fine", he replied as he swung his feet over the edge of the bed.

"No, you're not fine, babe", Joyce said with a slightly raised voice as a nurse entered the room.

"I'm fine. Im fin-ahh", the couple shouted as he stood and caught the blanket before he flashed the nurse with his manhood.

The nurse quickly looked away as Hopper stood there looking at Joyce, his face red with embarrassment.

"Where are my clothes?"

"Uhhhh", Joyce mumbled as she pointed to the pile small pile of clothes on the chair and looked away in an attempt to hold in her laughter.

~

"Let me go!", Jamie fussed as she attempted to break free from the grasp of the hands that held her.

"Jamie, just listen to me! It's not what you thin-"

"No, fuck you, Steve! I fucking hate you!", she shouted as she flailed her arms around at him.