I am here.

(Okay, so my very first chapter has 100 readers. o.o I am astonished by this! Not only that, but we are reaching the 20th chapter with over 700 reads! I am so happy with this attention, thank you everyone! <3 Anyway, here is the next chapter. Please keep in mind that the reader hasn't seen what Nightmare has turned into as of yet. She has an idea of what he looks like from her previous dreams, but hasn't seen his extra limbs and such. Wasn't going to post this until maybe tomorrow morning, but I've decided to be nice ^-^)

///There will be a little bit of more or less mature content in this chapter. You have been warned. This story is already rated mature, but I still wanted to give warning beforehand.///

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

The tree of feelings behind me withered away to reveal the nightmare that I have been waiting for. In the past, I have had several dreams where I was approached by a version of Nightmare that wasn't real... but I wished that they were. Whenever the dream would take place with everything around me perfectly beautiful, I knew that the dream was nothing but my imagination.

Nightmare's words echoed around me, even though they had a haunting edge... they held a sense of longing. My first instinct was to speak out to him, to call out his name. I tried and failed, I couldn't even produce a whisper. I guess that I managed to train myself into silence this time... haha...

Turning on my heels to be greeted by a single cyan eye and an eerie smirk, I couldn't help but back up in fear. It was his voice... but he didn't feel the same. His presence was powerfully displayed and almost made me choke on the heavy air.

Were those slimy limbs there before?

"My appearance... may have changed." He said, his voice quiet as he watched my every move. Even though I panicked, his smile never once faltered. It stayed in place, daring for me to make him flinch in some way.

*Is it really you...?* I asked through a quick sign. Once he looked at me with his single eye, I could see the possessiveness that he held. Moving to take another step back, I could feel something sticking against my back... an inky limb prevented me from putting more distance between us.

I watched as he took a confident step towards me. Never before have I ever wanted to look away from my lover, except for maybe now. Only one thing escaped from me as the tears once again flooded my vision. *You left me.*

Now, his grin was gone. I looked up, giving him the same warm smile that he had despised so much. Tears flowed from my eyes as the next words that he didn't want to ever hear again were signed.

*Everyone does*

To prevent me from signing any more, he grabbed both of my wrists in a single hand and forced my back against the charred wood from the tree of feelings. My arms were pinned above my head, out of the way as he looked into my crying (E/c) eyes. "You were taken from me. I am getting you back."

Pressing my forehead against his, I wanted to make this moment last... as if I were scared that these would be his final words to me. I wanted to believe that he desired to be with me, but I was too scared to believe it. He has been gone for so long, Ink dumped me off with Red for a sum of money, my parents tried to sell me to the highest bidder...

"And no matter what you say, I am not leaving. You belong to me. I promised you that many years ago."

Closing my eyes as I let out a shaky breath, Nightmare's slimy limbs wrapped around my torso. They lifted me from the ground in a gentle manner as he sat down. I was placed on top of him, causing me to blush intensely once I realized that I was straddling him. "I heard that you have been forced to stay awake... I took the pleasure of having your pills switched around."