Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One:

Bryce's POV

"You're sure that it's all right if I go to bed right now?" Blossom asks her parents and brother for the millionth fucking time.

Johnathon sighs. "Yes, Lexi. You need to rest. We'll see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight, dear."

Blossom gives her dad a smile before she stands up from her seat beside me, kisses me on the cheek, and then waves to everyone. "Okay. Goodnight, then!"

Everyone echoes murmured goodnights, and Blossom beams before giving me one last glance.

I watch her closely as she skips through the apartment and into our bedroom, gently shutting the door after herself.

I suddenly feel cold and alone, and I begin to wonder how I'm going to survive when Blossom leaves me.

"She seems to be doing well," Johnathon comments, keeping his voice low.

I nod in agreement, finding myself staring blankly at the bedroom door as I imagine Blossom curled up on our bed inside.

"I hope she doesn't become too stressed while trying to catch up with school. She seems very happy right now. I think that we should make sure to call her every night to check up on her once we fly home," Kathleen then says.

"I think she'll be all right once she has some time to heal. You better be good to her, Bryce," Johnathon comments in response.

I shut my eyes and lean back in my seat, trying to hold back a groan. "You really don't think I treat your daughter well? I thought we just had this conversation."

I open my eyes to find Johnathon shrugging at me. "I know. I was just checking. I'll always have my doubts. But I know that you treat her how she needs to be treated."

I give Johnathon a weak smile before glancing towards Charlie and Kathleen as well. "Do you all have everything that you need? I'm going to put on the kettle and then go to bed. Would anyone like tea?"

Kathleen and Johnathon nod their heads while Charlie shakes his head at me. "Tea would be lovely, Bryce. And we have everything that we need. Thank you."

I smile and nod at her before standing up from my seat on the couch. Without another word, I head into the kitchen, fill the kettle with water, and turn on the stove.

I then grab four mugs from the cupboard, dropping a teabag into three of them before ripping open a hot chocolate packet and pouring the contents into the other mug.

"How do you take your tea, Johnathon, Kathleen?" I ask across the room.

Kathleen glances towards her husband. They exchange a few brief, quiet words before Kathleen looks back towards me and answers by saying, "Just a little bit of milk for both of us, please."

I nod, and on cue, the kettle begins to whistle. I turn off the stove and then pour the boiled water into the four mugs, then setting the kettle down onto a different burner. I grab the milk from the fridge and pour a little into Kathleen, Johnathon, and Blossom's mugs, leaving my tea black, before placing the milk carton back in the fridge.

I then pick up Kathleen and Johnathon's mugs, heading back into the living room where I set the tea down on two coasters atop the coffee table.

I smile at Kathleen, Johnathon, and Charlie. "I'm going to head to bed as well. Just knock on the bedroom door if you need anything. Goodnight."

Everyone choruses goodnight in return, and so as simply as that, I head back to the kitchen, give Blossom's hot chocolate a quick stir, shut off the lights, and head towards the bedroom with Blossom's hot chocolate and my tea in my hands.