Chapter 29

Blair walked into her uncle's office, sitting in the chair across from his desk

Blair walked into her uncle's office, sitting in the chair across from his desk. He spun around in his chair, revealing he was on the phone and put up a finger to tell her to hold on, he'd get to her in a minute.

Shrugging her shoulders, she took out her phone to read a message from Jason, "Jules stopped by."

"What did she want? Everything okay with her and Matty?" She wrote back.

In less than five seconds, she got her response, "Yeah, everything is fine. How come you didn't tell me that your birthday is this Saturday?"

"... it didn't come up?"

"Is that your answer or is that a question?"

"It's not that big a deal." She sent back. She had actually been hoping to keep her birthday on the down low this year, seeing as didn't seem like it was going to be a big deal to anyone else, especially with all the drama of Dick leaving. Leave it to Jules to try to blow it up even bigger because of it.

"You're turning 20. It's kinda a big deal." She got in response.

"21 is a big deal. 20 is just a blip."

"Wtf? No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"We are talking about this when you get back."

"No we're not."

Jim hung up the phone just as Blair sent out the last text, leading her to put her phone back in her pocket. She glanced at the office phone before looking back up at Jim, "Who were you on the phone with?"

"The mayor." Jim sighed, shaking his head. "Apparently it's going to take longer than he thought to get the museum back up and running and he wants more security."

Blair rolled her eyes at the mayor's demands. After all, all of the valuable antiques and artifacts had been transferred to other museums for the time being while they fixed the damages caused by Garfield Lynns when he had blown up the building to impress Jules, "That was like a month ago. Shouldn't the workers be almost done by now?"

"One would think, but apparently there was a lot of damage." Gordon rubbed his temples with his fingers as Blair nodded.

Her phone vibrated again in her pocket. She pulled it out, looking at the message Jason had sent her of Jean Ralphio winking with a "Sure we're not."

"Oh my god, you idiot." She muttered, sending back a gif of Daenerys Targaryen rolling her eyes before putting it back in her pocket. Looking up at Jim, she folded her hands in her lap innocently, "You have my full undivided attention."