• 22 •

Cecil reached the thirtieth step, and like she predicted, she felt the sensation of a wall. She rubbed away the sweat on her forehead, panting lightly, searching around once again for the gate.

The author was vague in their descriptions of the gates. The author stated that the gates, when opened, reveals a different world for every two gates that were opened, and it was different for every element.

The familar sight of the earth insignia hovering as a single line cut right through it somehow comforted her. She smiled softly, pushing the gate open.

Ah.

So this is how they know it's a different gate.

Her environment, which was no longer the clearing but the courtyard, has changed in its colour once again. The dull green from before was now a few shades brighter. Behind her, the earth insignia on the ground started to flicker and it grew brighter and brighter with each passing second.

Eventually, it became a blinding green light and Cecil noticed it, spinning around as she squinted her eyes. The world around her trembled violently and she stumbled, struggling to keep her balance.

A huge object sprouted out from the ground where the earth insignia was, and Cecil shrieked in alarm, losing her balance as she fell.

Then, the tremors halted.

Her eyes grew wide as she saw an enormous tree before her. Vines coiled around the tree trunk, and scaled its way up to the branches. Cecil noticed there wasn't any leaves or flowers present on the tree.

It seemed like a dead tree, yet, in this world, it seemed so alive. It was her first time in this world seeing an object manifesting and in its true form.

Cecil rose up to her feet, approaching the tree, cautious. She raised her hand up, stretching her arm out, hesitant, and proceeded to touch the trunk with her right palm.

[ Congratulations! You have completed an achievement "Element Evolution"! You have twenty-seven achievements remaining. ]

The vines started to twitch upon Cecil's touch, and they gradually found its way to her fingers and winding its way up to her arm, contrasting against her fair skin. Cecil realised her eyes were growing heavy and they closed by itself gradually.

She opened them a second later, and she found herself back in the courtyard.

[ Seeing that you like reminders for the time limit around this time, here's a reminder~
Time limit : 19 days
41 days has passed since you were last given this secret mission. ]

Cecil closed the window.

At least she didn't need to ask for the reminder again later.

"Well done."

Cecil gasped, seeing her teacher squatting down right in front of her. It was the same teacher that assigned them to their divisions on the first day.

"Miss Eri."

Eri, smiled at her student, stretching out her hand for a handshake. "You have been invited to the sword mound expedition, Cecil Lan."

Cecil took her hand, shaking it gratefully.

"You should rest, and join the rest of the class for the night view later."

Cecil blinked, and her eyes lit up in recognition. She gave her teacher a small smile, the delight apparent in her clear eyes.

"Is it that night view?"