Chapter 9: Recuperating

Be sure to check out my new book "Your beautiful". L♡VE YA. Now onto the drama

Lucia Mooncrest POV

My eyes shot open. Brows knitted together as sweat slowly trickles down my forehead. I clawed way to wakefulness, trembling as sweat slowly trickles down my pale face.

As if after a great exertion. Images of what just happened flash through my mind. I begin hyperventilating. My chest heaving up and down as I take deep breaths to calm my nerves.

I looked at the unfamiliar surroundings, trying to get a sense of what was happening It was to much, finally I had to accept the harsh reality.

He'll never come back to my side no matter how hard I wish. Only a miracle could happen. Just the thought of never seeing him again brought fresh tears to my already red puffy eyes.

My mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again. Although I know it's a dream it felt so vivid and real, in my heart it tells me something different.

I tried closing my eyes. what had happened yesterday was something I didn't want to deal with today.

Not only were those memories haunting me again but the embarrassment of breaking down in front of Abanus. I bury my face in my palms.

All the pent up stress, anxiety and many other complicated emotions hit me like a tsunami. I live to fight another day although I wish I didn't have too. Sometimes I wish I could let it go, feel free and not trapped.

But the reason I feel like this is solely to blame on me, I can't blame anyone else except myself. Although it may sound harsh the world is unforgiving and cruel, it waits for no one.

The white cover rustle as I arose from the bed which creaked at every movement. My feet touch the cold wooden floor. The sun peeked in my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a fiery halo.

I lifted my head from the pillow, my hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall. The suns vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room, blending with the falling leaves of Autumn.

The sound of the rustling breeze and soft whistle of the breeze brought a peaceful hymn to my ears, as I opened my window to engulf the cool breeze. I closed my eyes yet again, the suns waking rays warming my body.

The wooden door slowly creaked open, revealing Abauns who was holding a plate of rice and meat and water. He coaxed me into getting more rest.

I shake my head, I've already rested enough. But I somehow ended up back in bed with him feeding me. As much as it was embarrassing, he seemed happy.

His eyes sparkled like jewels a gentle smile appeared on his face. He looked at me lovingly, as if I was a priceless treasure that would break at any moment.

As much as it made me happy he cared for me he is a little to clingy and protective. Abanus has started restricting what I'm able to do saying you can't go out when it's late or you have to stay close to me.

If I went to do a simple task like shopping, he would tag along. He also was a little to clingy too me. Yes it's natural to be worried and protective but we've only known each other for a short time.

Maybe he has an attachment to me since I saved him. We will probably part ways soon. It pains me too bring the topic of departing. I already know he'll be hurt and maybe even feel betrayed. I don 't want him to feel like that. An exasperated sigh escapes my lips.

Abanus quickly notices asking what's wrong. "Nothing." I quickly say, my lips twitching. Lying is something I hate but my business doesn't concern him. His eyebrows quirk up, seeing through my lies. "I know there's something your not telling me. Am I not trust worthy enough? I care about you a lot even though we just met."