19 |

VOTE AND COMMENT! THANKS FOR READING

My plan wasn't exactly working out.

That night, I went home and decided to find her.

The Moon Goddess.

There was only one small issue— I didn't know where to start. Granted, I knew she could visit me in my dreams. So as soon as I had made my way into my apartment, shoving off my clothes and changing into something more comfy, I jumped into my bed and under my duvet blanket.

I was currently wearing one of Klayton's shirts he had given to me. He had relentlessly growled something about him wanting me to be covered by his scent.

I didn't really care as to why— I snuggled into his shirt deeply and inhaled.

It smelled just like him; the woodsy and masculine scent, yet mixed with his faint yet distinct laundry detergent. I was almost in heaven, although my task at hand I had given myself seemed impossible and kept nagging in my mind.

I slammed eyes shut and my head against my pillow, willing myself to sleep.

Nothing.

Was.

Working.

I groan loudly for what feels like the one-hundredth time. I grab my pillow and scream into it, channeling all my frustration into it.

Is this her fault? She won't let me sleep?

This is a ridiculous thought, I know, but who else am I to blame?

Maybe I should put the blame on me for overthinking myself to the point where my brain is firing away and I can't sleep?

Nah.

It's her fault.

At least that's what I'm telling myself. I glare into the ceiling, silently willing it to be sent her way.

~

I groggily peel my eyes open and look around my room. My eyes feel heavy and I'm blinking extremely slow trying to adjust to my sudden consciousness. I stretch my arms out in-front of me, tilting my head and eliciting a loud yawn.

I suddenly tense up, haltering in my movements. My eyes dart around my room, cautious and alert to something that feels different.

Everything is normal.

My room looks exactly how I left it before I had fallen asleep.

Everything is the exact same.

Except it isn't.

All the polaroids I put on my wall are slightly blurred as if I can't make out the faces of those within. I glance at my nightstand and see one of my textbooks, for philosophy, and can't make out what the words are saying on the cover.

Oh my god.

I'm dreaming.

Knowing what this means suddenly, I climb out of bed and stand up. I try to muster up as much confidence as I can. Awkwardly, I await her arrival after several minutes of standing there.

I think my summoning had worked?

Almost as if hearing my doubts, she appeared right in front of me. This time, as I had expected her arrival, I wasn't as perplexed. However, I still had to almost do a double-take when I saw her beauty was unmatched to no other.

Her strikingly white hair, as well as the bow and arrow slung across her back, confirms my suspicions that it is indeed her standing right in front of me. I begin to speak amidst our silence.