Chapter Thirty Two - Past

Tyler

Working with dad was exhausting. And when I came back home after seven p.m, I spent endless hours playing video games and the other half of my time stalking Vicky. It was time-consuming to say the least. She and I had this love-hate relationship going on that was honestly getting on my nerves.

Vicky wasn't the docile type of girl that I would have loved to control; she was a butterfly who enjoyed her freedom. I wondered if a side of her was a masochist and enjoyed being controlled by me. I bet she did.

Days passed and boredom kept eating me alive. During my time at home, I couldn't think of anything else, I kept playing these scenes in my head where Vicky was flirting with Noah. Then it would switch to the two of them kissing in a frenzy followed by a crude scene of Noah fucking Vicky in an empty classroom. When you're a jealous, possessive asshole, your imagination takes you to dark places.

So I texted her every single hour, asking her what she was doing until she stopped responding and blocked my number.

Bitch.

When I went to pick her up from school after her cheer practice, one of her cheerleading teammates, Chloe or Kylie or something (they all looked the same to me) told me she'd seen Vicky leave with her brother.

I held myself back for the rest of the evening and at around eight p.m., I texted her asking if she would like to go with me to the local carnival and she didn't respond. Frustrated, I debated if I should just drive to her place and drag her bodily to my car when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called out.

Maya walked inside the room with a secretive smile on her face. "Are you going to the town carnival?"

"Maybe. Why?"

"I'm coming with you too."

"I'm not in a mood to babysit bratty kids. I'm going there with Vicky." I informed her.

She showed me her phone, "Ellen is going there too."

"Whatever. I'll take you there if you behave and promise to stay with your friend and answer your phone when I call."

"Deal." She beamed and skipped out of the room, you'd think I'd transferred a million dollars into her account and insisted she go on a shopping spree.

I spent twenty minutes in the car waiting for Maya when she texted that she was going to catch a ride with her friend, Ellen and her brother Vic who was going to drive the girls to the carnival.

Technically, I was still grounded but Dad wasn't around and Mom wouldn't tell. It was really easy to convince Mom if I wanted to go somewhere; she mostly felt bad for me and would cave into my demands. I even flicked the keys of Dad's BMW SUV from his room. Archer rode shot-gun; Vicky and Hazel were in the backseat.

When we reached the carnival, I saw the long queue to the main-entrance. But because I'm an asshole, I cut through the line. Archer, Vicky, and Hazel followed reluctantly. We heard a few choice words thrown at us but when I turned and they got a good look at me, the people at the back silenced.

The Lockhart's got away with everything...

Even murder...

As soon as we entered the carnival, we split because Hazel wanted to sit on the kid buggy ride and Archer was her usual target so that left me alone with Vicky who refused to talk to me.

I tried to think of something that would make her forget our fight. I even Googled ′How to make-up with your girlfriend'. It said 'give her a hug' and I tried but she dodged it successfully by making some bullshit excuse. It also said ′Give her flowers' and I bought her a Rose made of candy, and it didn't work. Whoever posted this stupid article online obviously had no clue about relationships because it wasn't working.