Ten

Walking into intelligence the next morning I kept my head down, avoiding eye contact with everyone but Jay in particular, he's called me multiple times since last night, left a couple of voicemails apologising for what had happened.

"Platt, Halstead, my office." Hank called opening his office door before disappearing back inside, sighing I dropped my bag onto my desk and walked in, Jay following behind.

Standing in front of Voight's desks I kept my eyes on the piles of paperwork on his desk, not wanting to look at him nor Jay, whose presence I could feel besides me, only a small distance between my arm and his.

"Wanna tell me what happened last night?" He asked making me jump and look up at him, that had nothing to do with me.

"Listen Sarge, I didn't mean for -" Jay started before I cut him off.

"It was just by chance that the guy was there, we just went for a drink after work, that's all." I shrugged covering for Jay, he might have gone about it the wrong way but the guys son killed an innocent little boy, no way Jay's getting in trouble because of them. "The guy started out of nowhere, we didn't see it coming." I told him looking up at Jay quickly before focusing my attention back on Voight.

"This true?" He asked Jay after watching me for a few seconds, as though he was wondering whether to believe me or not.

"Uh yeah, but Sarge you know what his son did." Jay said trying to defend himself.

"Now you leave it, Halstead, Phil Rodiger has made a formal complaint against you, now that along with the restraining order is enough, leave it alone." Voight said finally as he lent back in his chair watching the two of us. "We clear?"

"Yes Sarge." Jay replied with a tight nod of the head, turning to walk out of the office leaving me and Voight alone.

"Just a drink huh." He spoke up just as I was about to leave his office myself.

"What? Yeah it was just a drink." I shrugged looking to him in confusion.

"Keep it that way." He nodded at me before he stood up and walked past me out of his office, still confused I walked out of his office and over to my desk just as Erin came rushing in from the interrogation rooms.

"Noel Harris." She started typing on her computer before going over to the printer and pulling out a mugshot. "He's one of Nadia's regulars, she says he rambles and was mentioning something about printing last she saw him." She said pointing at the picture.

"Let's go get him." Voight nodded, all of us rushing to the armoury to get geared up.

—————————

Turns out Noel Harris has been shot and murdered all of an hour before we had arrived, he had boxes of cut up blue jeans, the same material that Voight said was used in the making of money. Thanks to Lindsays's girl we got the address of the people who had put the hit out on Noel Harris, she's seen them in a van with a 'Jesus fish' as she called it, painted on the side. Which lead us to the address we were currently en route to, a storefront church called the Tabernacle of Divinity.

"So who is this guy exactly?" I asked looking over to Antonio who I was partnered with for the raid.

"Pastor Mike, he was inside and apparently found god while he was there." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Well that worked out well for him didn't it." I laughed slightly just as we pulled up to the address.

"Everybody keep your eyes open!" Voight yelled as he nodded at Jay to bring the door down.

"Chicago PD! Get on the ground!"

"Put your hands in the air and don't move!"

"On your knees now!"