111 Foster Son, Don't Be So Crazy (48)

Song Jia saw that the situation was getting tense, and her eyebrows unconsciously furrowed.

She pulled on Xiang Feng's hand, thinking that the two of them hadn't met for so long, yet were already having their swords drawn and bows bent.

"Nian Shou, I came to talk to you," she said, trying to diffuse the situation.

Nian Shou looked at her, and struggled to put his emotions under control. Forcing a smile, he gestured to the chairs behind him.

"Let's sit down first."

After Nian Shou and Su Liang sat side by side, Xiang Feng pulled Song Jia towards him, letting her sit down on his lap. His arm was wrapped around her waist, his chin on her shoulder, as he continued to glare at Nian Shou like a territorial beast claiming its property.

Song Jia felt helpless about these series of actions from the man behind her. If she struggled, he would only get angry, so she tried her best to be comfortable inside his embrace.

"Nian Shou, what's going on outside for the past week?" she asked.

Dissatisfied at hearing her call another man's name, Xiang Feng buried his face on the crook of her neck and inhaled her flowery scent. Song Jia tried not to make her smile drop as his warm breath tickled her skin.

From underneath the table where Song Jia couldn't see, Nian Shou clenched his fist. He answered without a change in his expression, "The plan is going smoothly. The crown princess has already investigated you, and the developments we've made in the south are starting to spread throughout the kingdom. According to the reports I've gathered, Princess Bai Xue is becoming restless."

Hearing what they were talking about, Xiang Feng lifted his head. Song Jia pretended that she hadn't noticed this small movement of his and continued to ask, "What about the things I've told you to investigate? Has it been done?"

Nian Shou nodded, "It's done."

The corners of Song Jia's lips rose up.

"Let her move first, and then do what I've told you to do. It won't be long now."

Song Jia talked for a while with the two of them before bidding them goodbye. It wasn't safe for them to stay any longer at the castle, as who knows when the crown princess will discover their close relationship and use the two of them as leverage against her. She couldn't take the risk.

Song Jia stood up with Xiang Feng still hovering protectively behind her. Nian Shou stepped forward, but Xiang Feng blocked his path.

"I just wanted to say goodbye to her," Nian Shou said evenly.

"Then say your goodbyes. You don't have to get close to her."

He even stepped forward to completely block Song Jia from Nian Shou's view, hiding her completely. As far as Xiang Feng was concerned, letting Nian Shou stay in the same space as her was already a great concession from him.

Song Jia, "..."

Nian Shou sighed and said, "Jia, take care."

Su Liang eyed Xiang Feng and when he didn't stop her from approaching Song Jia, she breathed a sigh of relief and went over to hug her.

"Also take good care of yourselves, okay?" Song Jia was still worried that they might be targeted. "And tell Nian Shou not to overdo it. It's good if the plan is successful, but if it's too dangerous, then I'd rather the two of you stayed safe."