Chapter Thirty-Six

I had caught up with the group again the next day, this time we headed to the lake for a swim and picnic. Alex and Jenny had picked me up, we headed to the store to grab a few things. Alex grabbed the trolley, Jenny jumping inside. I threw a few items inside, Jenny catching them and making small comments. I laughed. I headed off to have a look at some chips. I grabbed a packet, scanning the back for ingredients.

"Miss Jordan, how are you today?" Elijah's soothing voice asked.

"Fine thank you. How are you?" I said, giving him a smile, then returning to scanning the new chips I had picked up.

"Well thank you, though I do have a concern." He paused and I frowned. Elijah having a concern wasn't good. I turned to give him my full attention.

"Ok?" I asked when he didn't continue.

"Hey Jordan, did you grab the chips?" Alex yelled through the supermarkets. I shook my head before apologizing to Elijah. I grabbed my phone and sent a message as a reply.

"You were saying?" I asked.

"Maybe we should discuss this when you are available?" he asked.

"Sure......I have your number, how about I call you when we get back from the lake?" I suggested.

"Wonderful. Enjoy your day."

"You too." I smiled.

I bent down to grab an arm full of chips before walking to where the others waited for me at the counter. I threw them all onto the register and Alex rolled his eyes.

"I hope you plan to eat ALL those chips."

"I will." I said with a nod.

"I will help." Jenny said, standing next to me. we both folded our arms and just looked at Alex. He sighed, giving in. after we packed the car, we headed to meet the rest of the group, half already in the water. There was more then last night. We had about 12 here today. Peter jogged over, shirtless and tanned. My eyes bugged out at seeing his toned chest.

"I got these. You ladies go and enjoy yourself." He winked at us. Jenny and I linked our arms, walking over to set our bags down. 

Night was falling, we had decided to head over to Jason's dad's lake house that was closer to town then mine was. We walked in, this place was twice the size of mine and had more rooms. Jenny grabbed my arm, dragging me to a room with a king bed.

"Jordan and I are sleeping in here!" she shouted.

I laughed, we put our stuff down. I had packed a few extra clothes, quickly changing from my bathers and white tee to tights and a long tee shirt. I had a long sleeve shirt on underneath and grabbed one of the blankets and headed back to the living room. I took my phone, sending Elijah a quick text that we would have to reschedule our chat for another time.

"Spin the bottle." Alex shouted.

I groaned, I hated this game and refused to play.

"No way! Let's play Kings cup." Peter suggested. We all agreed, grabbing the cards, shuffling them before laying them out. I grabbed a cider, sitting down on the edge of the couch with Jenny right next to me. 

I could feel the alcohol really kicking in, we were all laughing when Alex had lost and had to drink the cup. I recorded it, laughing. I stumbled to the bathroom, after I finished, my phone was vibrating at me.