CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A/N- Liam and Lettie's love story is about to be completed. Stay pressed😉
Btw, if you haven't recommended this book, you can do so now the book will soon be ending. Some people prefer completed stories, and this is almost there.
Thanks so much for the love and everything.💖
Enjoy🍻         

In a very small voice, I called her name, "Amber."

She quickly disentangled herself from a guy that was obviously not Liam. I don't know why, but it felt like I was the one that just got cheated on.

"It's not what it looks like." Amber squirmed looking really uncomfortable.
"Yeah, I'm not a cheat so I wouldn't really know what cheating on my boyfriend looks like." I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Please can you excuse us," Amber said shooing the guy away. He hurriedly scrambled to his feet and left. Amber then turned to me and wanted to speak to me but I held my hand up, "Spare me Amber cause frankly I'm not ready to listen. Besides its none of my business anyway." I finished and wanted to turn away, but Amber hurriedly grabbed my arm.
"Please hear me out, Lettie. " Amber said looking so desperate.
My first instinct was to shrug her hand off and walk away, but I decided to stay back and hear her out like she said. So I pulled a chair back and sat down.
"Spill but be aware that I don't have the luxury of time. I need to get my friend's wine replaced and get back home."

Amber looked flustered as she nodded quickly. "I really didn't mean to cheat on Liam, " She started but I cut her off. "So what you are trying to say was that his lips just fell on yours?" I hated cheats so I wasn't really taking it easy on her.
She gulped and shook her head, "No, that's not what I meant. I love Liam a lot but he's attached a lot to a girl of his past, doesn't say her name or anything so I don't really know her." She said and that piped my interest.

"How do you know?" I asked.
"Well... He's never fully committed to our relationship. He says he wants to marry me but he's not yet sure. He hasn't been sure for the seven years we've been together. I'm his first girlfriend and he only started dating me because his family told him to stop being hung up on the past, " Amber stopped to look around and came drew closer to me like she wanted to tell me the secret cure to cancer, her voice dropped two octaves, "You know when I went to Liam's parents house one day for a Thanksgiving dinner, a show came up that they liked and before then, they already told me to call them as soon as the show came on. So I walked to the study, I was about to knock when I heard his dad mention my name, I should have walked away but curiosity got the best of me. I stayed to listen and that's when I heard the dad say, " You got to let go of her Liam, hanging on to Amber and not letting go of the past is unfair to you both. You have to choose who you really want to be with. If it's the girl, then make a move and stop watching from afar, and if it's Amber put a ring on her damn finger son!" I didn't stay to listen again, so I walked away."

"When did this happen?"
"Four years ago, but since then the only thing that improved in our relationship was that Liam started caring more. He still hasn't proposed and anytime I bring it up, he says I should please give him more time. How long does it take someone to decide he wants to spend the rest of his life with someone he claims he likes?" Amber questioned as tears streaked down her cheeks. It made me feel really bad for her, I mean to be with someone that doesn't love you enough for you both to walk down the aisle is pretty disheartening.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why don't you let him go?" I suggested as I placed my palm on hers.
"Excuse me?" She raised her brows suspiciously.

This is why I knew giving Amber a piece of advice was a bad idea. She'll think I'm trying to have her boyfriend but I just don't want Liam to get hurt.
"You have wasted so much time trying to get someone else attention when you can have another who will cherish you as you deserve. You deserve the best Amber and deserve to be treated better, rather than pinning over a guy that won't have you. Really, Amber, let go. Trust me you'll feel a whole lot better."
"But I love him so much, I just did it to get a rise out of him but as soon as you saw me kissing that guy, my decision felt really stupid." She winced.
"You did it to get a reaction out of Liam?" I asked looking so shocked.
"Yes but like I said it was a stupid decision and one that I regret deeply. I..." Amber was saying but I cut her off.
"You are damn right that was a stupid decision!" I yelled at her.
"Keep your voice down before someone recognizes me." She seethed angrily.
"Well, you didn't care about that when you were sucking that guy's face did you?" I said looking really angry.
Amber lowered her head in shame.