CHAPTER 19

Secret glances

Secret glances

Eye contacts

Looking back

I love you, man

🌌

30th December 2024

You sighed once, checking your self out in the mirror once more. It was a black full - length dress, hanging on your shoulder like a scarf and falling until your ankles. You looked beautiful, you had to agree. No body-shaming, but just admiring your own self. And on top of that, admitting that you were freaking excited to show this to everyone else, specifically one person in particular.

You fixed your eyes once again, trying to be sure about the amount of makeup you'd put wasn't too much. You smiled at yourself, taking out your phone and genuinely clicking a picture of yourself to show off. 'I looked like a fucking queen in this'

 'I looked like a fucking queen in this'

Not wasting any further time, you got out of the bathroom and fetched the keycard of the room, getting out of the room you checked if the door was closed and went on to call Namjoon, who was supposed to go with you. The rest of them had already reached, unlike you and Namjoon, who was still getting ready because of the delay.

Apparently, the delay was because of your and Namjoon's fascination for some park that you'd discovered was nearby, and the two of you were immediately excited to go there. It had all become even more fascinating for you two when you found out that there was a library nearby, and heck yeah, you returned to the hotel after a good four-hour hang out.

The others, unlike themselves, had shown a lot of patience. They'd waited for the two of you until you got dressed. But there was one embarrassing thing. Bang Si Hyuk was supposed to be dining along with you, and getting late was perhaps the best impression you'd gave him. According to you, it was your first impression - unlike him. For him, he had known that you and Namjoon were fond of some typical things and he had not even considered you being late, shrugging it off. But you didn't know that.

Knocking on his door, you were taken aback a bit. You'd seen him in formals, heck you had. But seeing it from up-close, so close, Infront of you with his tall figure complimenting the black goodness, you were indeed, taken aback. He too, had his eyebrows raised when he saw you. "I thought I'd look the best tonight cause of my fashion sense." He paused, just to take a look at you who was smiling. "But gosh, Y/N did you beat me" He grinned and you chuckled, shaking your head politely.

"As for me," you said while he locked the room and turned to you. "I think we'd look rather dashing together." You playfully encaged his arms in yours and he smiled. "Oh I agree" grinning and nodding his head, the two of you walked towards the lift followed by your laughter and his chuckles at your elegant act.

🌌 

Jungkook

Today, was the day I'd been planning for since so many days. Oh who am I kidding? I'd been planning for this day since we ever fell into a relationship. And what's so special about it? Well... technically... today, I do something I'd been dying to do. I'm positive that it's the right time, the right night. But why do I feel something wrong? Why do I feel bad? Why is my Jungkook tingle tingling?

Before my thoughts could progress, I felt another presence in the minivan we sat in, the door closing immediately. You came in, but I couldn't see you. I knew you'd be dressed exquisitely; everyone in here was. It was a formal dinner, as we'd discussed. "Hello" you softly said, taking a seat next to me and sighing. In the van, it was so dark that I could hardly see you. But when you were sitting right next to me, the moonlight along with the streetlights fell on you, I saw it.

You wore the beautiful dress you showed me when you bought it with Taru. You were pretty excited to wear it. And knowing you, you probably were dying for a compliment from me. You try not to show, but I see it. The way you turn your head away and stare at the ceilings whenever I praise you. I can see it. I grinned at you and you smiled back, your perfume driving me kinda crazy.

I sat back, relaxing in my seat. I didn't say a thing to you because I wanted to see you completely before I complimented you - I wanted to have that moment where my eyes shine and my heartbeat races on seeing you all dressed up. And it will.

It always does.

🌌 

I got down, right after Taru and you were the only one left in the van. I could see what you were doing - you stayed there till the last on purpose. Oh, do I know you...

Then you got down. And there, we had it. That mouth-watering, eye-glowing, lip-parting moment. You looked beautiful. You really did. Getting down of the bus, you held your clutch tight, looking at my face. I gulped softly, a soft noise that your throat makes when you gulp coming out. I just held my hand out, and you took it, walking with me and our hands entangled.

Think straight, Jeon Jungkook. We gotta survive the night.

When we got into the hotel, ultimately we noticed how everyone had left in the lifts. So I pressed the button, standing next to you. It opened and we got in. I noticed the restaurant was on the twelfth floor. I looked at you who was smiling sweetly to me. When the lift closed, I put a finger on my lips. "Shhh"

And then I pressed the forty-second floor.