Brian May x male!reader

A/n: not proofread.

(Y/n's POV)
Brian was laying on the couch, covered in layers upon layers of blankets. Every once and a while he would have a coughing fit and groan. I was sitting on the ground next to my poodle of a boyfriend reading him a book. After a few moments I pull the thermometer from his mouth and it reads 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
"Oh honey, I'm sorry, I think I brought this home and got you sick by accident. The kids at school are getting a cold like this." I sigh and put the thermometer away as I say this. When I finish I go to the kitchen and get a cold washcloth. I place the cloth on his forehead and give his cheek a kiss. Then I sit down on the rug next to him again. I take a deep breath then lean back and smile at him.
"You are my sunshine." I sing to him quietly and he smiles back at me.
"My only sunshine." He sings in his scratchy, voice.
"You make me happy when skies are grey."
"You never know dear, how much I love you."
"Please don't take my sunshine away." We both sing together and I smile at him lovingly.
"The other night dear. As I lay sleeping." I began again, closing my eyes.
"I dreamt I held you in my arms." He sang with me again.
"And when I awoke dear, I was mistaken."
"So I hung my head and cried."
I rolled over onto my knees and put my head next to him.
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray, you never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away." I sing sweetly to him. He closed his eyes and I was fairly sure he was asleep.
I got up to finally start preparing because it was Valentine's Day after all.
I pulled out the new leather jacket an dad shirt I had gotten him. The shirt was Hawaiian patterned of course. I placed the shirt in a box and wrapped it up in silver paper and tied it with a pink ribbon. Then I folded up the jacket and also put it into a box. I then wrapped this box with pink paper and finished it off with a silver ribbon.
I went on a mission to find my sketch book to draw him a quick doodle of the two of us. I looked in my desk drawer but it wasn't there, then I looked on my book shelf, not there either. Finally I checked under the bed and found the sketch book but I also saw something else. A small black box with a pink ribbon around it. I studied it then gasped. I put the box back where I found it and took a deep breath. I couldn't stop smiling. He, he, was going to propose to me. I couldn't believe it! I am so elated. I had no idea, well that is until now. Oops!
I got up and walked into the bathroom to calm myself down. I splashed cold water on my face. I was telling myself that I had to calm down an forget I even say that box at all.
"Hey darling, what's wrong?" I hear Brian ask from the door.
I jump at the sound of his voice then go to him.
"Bri? What are you doing out of bed? It's not healthy for you to be out of bed." I say walking over to him and brushing the hair out of his face.
"I was just looking for you. I saw the gifts you wrapped and wondered if you wanted me to open them right now since I'm awake."
"Yes Bri, but you can only open them when your at least, sitting down. Okay?"
He nodded and I helped him back to the couch.
"I meant to draw you a doodle but I can always do that later."
He nodded in agreement as he sat down. I brought him the gifts and he thanked me.
He opened the shirt first and cooed over it. He loved it and said he would try it on when he felt better.
Then he opened the jacket and said it one of the most beautiful jackets he had ever seen. I thanked him and gave him a kiss. He then excused himself to use the restroom and I started cleaning up after him trying to distract from what I knew was coming. I picked up and threw away the wrapping paper. I put the boxes back where I had gotten them from and by the time I got back, Brian was sitting on the couch again smiling widely.
"What are you smiling about darling?"
"You'll see. Now sit down." I did as I was told and sat next to him.
"Now (y/n) you know I love you right."
"I would hope so." I say with a sly smile and kiss his cheek. "Of course I know, I love you too."
"Well, that's good because I was wondering if you would marry me?"
I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. Some acting, but still genuine surprise because I figured he would ask me but it was still nice to hear it from him anyway.
I leaned in and hugged him.
"Of course I will marry you Brian May! I will marry the hell out of you!"
He laughed and hugged me back. Then when I pulled back he handed me the small black box I found earlier.
I opened it and found an ornately carved silver ring. It was absolutely beautiful.
"Maybe I should have gotten you more then just a shirt and a jacket." I said sheepishly.
"Oh don't be silly!" He said smiling.
I slid on the ring and it fit perfectly.
"Thank you Brian, thank you so much!"
"Hey I should be the one thanking you, you have been taking care of me all day!"
I just kept looking at the ring I'm awe.
"I love you!" I say again and hug him once again.
"I love you too (y/n)."

___________________________
A/n: day #7! We are clipping along well! I hope you guys enjoy today's fic! :)