Sheldon Cooper x ftm!reader

A/n: Not proofread. I hope you enjoy!

(Y/n's POV)
I was sitting at the kitchen island watching Sheldon film another episode of "Fun with Flags." He asked me to be in the video with him, and yes, I love this man, but like hell I'm gonna be in that video.
Unlike Sheldon I am not the brightest bulb in the drawer. Not to say I'm stupid, but when you are surrounded with lightbulbs with PhD's, you defiantly look dimmer.
Anyway, I had asked Sheldon if we could go on a date for Valentine's Day. He first tried to convince me that staying home and watching the entirety of the Star Wars movies was a date. Yeah, it is once in a while, but every weekend? Sometimes I need a break.
I finally convinced him to go with me to this little Tai restaurant I saw on the way home the other day.
As he was saying his end of episode good bye, I got up and turned off the camera when he told me to.
"So, are we gonna go now or later?" I asked a tad irritated that he had to film tonight, and right now, but I don't mean those words to have as much note as they did.
Sheldon looked at me and his face told me that he was mad, fair enough.
"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound mean, I just wanted to go out on our date okay? I like spending time with you and it sometimes seems that you don't want to spend time with me." I say as I begin to pack up the camera and put it away.
Then I glanced up in then caught my reflection in the mirror. All of the sudden I didn't want to go out on our date, I didn't want to leave the house, and I just wanted to watch those movies now.
I saw the curve of my face, the short slope of my shoulders and the the dimensions of my chest still showing, even under my binder.
The wave of dysphoria hit me like a semi-truck, I had been trying to push it down all day. But then suddenly I felt the camera stand being taken from my hand, then being engulfed in a warm hug.
I knew it was Sheldon and I hugged him back like my life depended on it.
"I know that look. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.
It was unusual for him to show so much affection but he has been known to be loving when the situation requires it of him.
"Maybe." I mumble into his chest.
"Is it your dysphoria?" He asks, gently pulling me back so he can look at my face.
I nod and he walks me over to the couch.
"What's wrong?" He asks, looking at me attentively.
"It's just that I sometimes feel like I don't fit in with you guys. I feel like I'm not a real man, and when I see my reflection it kind of reenforces that thought." I say beginning to tear up. I wipe away my tears angry that I'm crying over something so stupid.
Sheldon shifts awkwardly. I know he isn't used to me being so vulnerable, he hugs me again anyway and I bury my face In his chest and try to calm down.
"I may only know how to do things like math and science but I do know one more thing. I know that you are a boy, no not a boy, a man. You are a man, just as much of a man as me, or Leonard, or heck, even someone like DeForest Kelly. You like him right?"
I took a deep and shuttering then nodded into Sheldon's chest.
"Yeah Shell," I call him 'shell' as a nickname sometimes "I like DeForest Kelly."
As I sit back, I take a deep breath and try to smile.
"Can we still go on that date?" I asked wiping my eyes.
Sheldon knitted his hands together and sighed.
"I guess we can, if you would like that is."
"Yeah, I would like that." I responded as I stood up and walked to the door.
I pull on my shoes then grab my jacket and put it on.
"Come on Shell, lets go."
"Okay, fine." He said as he also stood up and put on his shoes. I handed him his jacket and he put it on.
Once we walked down all of the stairs and got outside, I hailed a taxi.
When we got in I told the driver where to go, and Sheldon and I talked some on the way there, just mindless talk, nothing too deep.
He reassured me though, that the things he said he truly meant.
Once we arrived at the little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, we slid out of the taxi.
I payed the driver and Sheldon and I walked into the place hand in hand. This made me a bit happier because it made me feel like he was proud to be out with me. I mean, I know he is happy to be with me but, it's nice when he shows it outwardly.
Once we were seated, we both ordered a dish and agreed to share.

When we both finished the wonderful dinner we had been served, I suggested we go get some soft serve ice cream then go home.
We leave the Tai restaurant and walk down the street and get some soft serve.
Once we get the ice cream, I hail another taxi and again, we slide in and tell the driver where to go.
When we finally get home, out of the taxi, and up into our room, the ice cream long gone, we start to get undressed.
Shell gets into his cute Star Wars pajamas, and I into my long t-shirt and boxers.
Once in bed, Sheldon pulls me close and says nothing. It was nothing to him but everything to me.
"I love you Shell," I whispered quietly.
"I love you too (y/n)." He responded.

___________________________
A/n: day #12.
I hope you guys enjoy this fic. I don't think it is too good but I don't really know how to write Sheldon. Anyway, enjoy :)!