Chapter 6

Althea knew there was no danger to her in this pack but she barely slept due to her continuous nightmare and talked with Ava, her wolf, about her next move.

A week had passed, she had barely eaten. The only food she had was when Matt insisted on bringing dinner to her room after three days of her not eating. He had forced her to eat saying she needed some food in her system to keep going.

He even took few bites from her food making her believe that there was nothing wrong with the food. He thought she was not eating because she might be thinking that they would poison her food. But little did he know she grew up eating poisons.

Not many people knew about her mother's true identity and the people who knew were killed on the rouge war with them. Of course, Ash and Liam knew about her as they were the two people that spent most of their time with her.

After her parents died, some people in her pack wanted power so tried to kill her by poisoning her food. No one knows how but she survived. After few more times of being poisoned that was stronger and deadlier each time, poisons stopped working on her. Maybe it was to do with her mother's blood running through her vein. But the people didn't live to find out.

After going through all the histories, Althea found out that the only way that her mother could be killed. That was by a red dagger. The dagger will suck the life out of anycreature, turning them into nothing. The dagger was made by the moon goddess herself. As the goddess could not be killed, she wanted a way to free her soul from the body. But the red dagger was hidden in the land somewhere where no one could find it. And it was the only dagger that will vanish after its purpose.

Someone knew about the dagger. They had schemed to kill her, their goddess. No matter what, Althea pledged to find out why. And how they got their hands on the dagger.

Four more days passed after that and she still had not left the room. At first, she thought that her mate would come to her if she just waited but he never came. Her days went by watching the kids play and warriors train. At night, she would keep an eye on the patrolling system and only a few hours of sleep.

She was running out of her clean clothes and needed to do her laundry. So, she did the only thing she could think of. She opened the door and found Sid outside and asked him to get Matt. When Matt came to the room, she asked him to get her his t-shirt and sweat pant.

She quickly took a shower and changed into his red t-shirt which was huge. It came just above her knee, covering her bottom. The sweat pant was too big for her as she had a really tiny waist. She couldn't keep it up without it falling down. She decided to wear the only clean shorts that she had. It was short but covered all of her bottom and the baggy t-shirt covered all of her thigh before cutting off just above her knees.

She was getting tired of being in the room so, she decided to step out. It was three in the evening so most of the warrior was still outside doing their training as usual. She noticed that they trained the children in the morning as part of the school routine for few hours.

Althea made her way across the empty hallway and down the stairs. She knew that by now the rouge smell from her had disappeared which will avoid any conflict if she met anyone who was unaware of her presence in the pack. She made her way to the kitchen to Sam, one of the patrollers she met a week before, sitting on the island eating his sandwich. She went for the fridge on the corner on her right.

Sam bolted out of his chair and turned to see the person that had opened the fridge. He was so shocked. He swore that he didn't hear anyone come into the kitchen. How was it possible? He thought to himself.

"How?" he said out loud, his mouth hanging open.

Althea just grabbed a bottle and started to drink the water. Sam continued to stare at her while his mouth hanged open. She just raised one of her brows and went to the island in the middle of the kitchen where there was a fruit basket. She grabbed an apple and took a big bite as she made her way out of the kitchen door which lead outside.