⤫1.19

Expelling down harshly, the thousand liquid beads of rain pelted from the raging grey clouds down to the ground

The dreary sky hung over the girl as she stepped out of the bus only to be met with the thundering of rain.

She inwardly groaned, searching her bag for an umbrella at the bus stop as she watched the students either run or leisurely walk under the safety of their Umbrellas.

"Fuck this." She muttered, zipping her bag up and swinging it over her shoulder as she stepped out into the rain- coat over her head as a shield as she began to walk quicker.

There was an amused sneer from besides her, catching sight of Jisung smugly watching her as he walked alongside Donghyuck and Seyeon. Renjun and Jieun a few steps ahead.

He was under the sleek black umbrella, his eyes flickering over her already soaked frame as if he was taunting her- causing her to huff at his arrogance and stride past him.

"Are you just planning to watch her until she dies?" Renjun commented, reaching out to grab Jieun's hand as she flinched at the sudden contact but smiled once making eye contact.

"My dad wants me to." He muttered. "Wants me to make sure the Angels don't stay close to her or whatever."

"Why did you have to drag us?" Donghyuck groaned, slightly yanking on the umbrella which caused Seyeon to get wet.

She harshly inhaled out of irritation, shooting him an annoyed glance to which he murmured out a small apology- hovering the umbrella over her more than him.

"Because, why would I come here alone?" Jisung answered, closing the umbrella as they got inside and he threw it over to the corner of the large hallway- apathetically grazing his eyes over the bustling high school.

"I'm not even a high schooler."
"Does it matter? You're not here to learn." Jisung reminded him and his friend sighed- muttering something about Jisung owing him a favour.

"Hey Babe," Jieun spoke, earning Renjun's attention as he gazed down at her intently. "I'm going to go hang out with some friends, I'll catch you later." She smiled, her hands slipping from his as she began to hurry over to a group of boys and girl whom welcomed her.

Renjun watched them, a smile on his lips as he knew she was happy to be around other Humans.
"What's your plan then?" Seyeon spoke up, glancing at the stoic expression Jisung sported.

"Don't have one."
"Well you need one, I don't know- try to convince her the Angels are bad news or something."
"Why would she believe me?" He muttered, leaning against the locker he was assigned- well he chose.

Before entering the high school, Jisung made sure everything was perfectly set out. Locker next to hers, at least two classes together- ask for tutoring especially to have Chaerin as his tutor.

He had some sort of plan but he wasn't too sure it would work anyway.
After all, he was just helping his dad to kill a girl who was an abomination.

"You want me to tutor someone?" Chaerin asked as she stood in front of her Korean teacher who nodded.

"Go over some terminology for literature and the language choices of the extracts, help him to understand how language differs."
"Him? Who is it?" Chaerin asked, slotting her book into her bag.

"The new student."
Chaerin could only stand there blankly...there were three new male students.
"Um, who-"
"I am going to head to the staff room to have my lunch now, I take it you have no questions? Great!"

The girl stood there in shock, trying to make sense of the situation and she wondered if it was who she began to think it was.

"Oh, you're my tutor."

Before she even turned around she could tell who it was, closing her eyes in frustration before turning around to see the boy leaning against the door frame.

"You?" She questioned to which he nodded.
"Great...whatever, come sit." Chaerin muttered, watching as he slowly entered the room and leisurely sat back on the seat with bored eyes.

"So...um- what do you need help with?" She scratched the back of her neck and Jisung shrugged- getting his phone out.
"I don't need help."

"Excuse me? You can't just-"
Jisung snapped his head up, his indomitable eyes burning into her which immediately caused her to purse her lips.

Chaerin took a deep breath before speaking again.
"Did you set this up? Are you really serious about this whole killing me thing?"

Jisung watched her, his dark eyes fleeting over her as he leant back in his seat.
"So what if I did?" He fired back, hands in the pocket of his black sweats and hair slightly covering his eyes.

Chaerin learn forward with her elbows on the table and pushed her face into her hands.
"What do you want from me? Seriously...if you wanted to kill me you would've just done it."

"I told you, when you're 18."
"Why? What's this big secret everyone is keeping?" She questioned and he raised a brow.

"You don't know? Not even after everyone knows you met me?"
"No...what is it?" She sat up in her seat and an empty scoff left his lips.

"Why should I tell you, shouldn't your dearest friends do that...or maybe they don't really care."

Chaerin's eyes averted from his intense stare, grabbing her bag in her hand.
"Are we done here? It's not like you're here to learn you're just wasting my time." She muttered. "I have other things to do."

She got up from her seat and began to walk towards the door as the apathetic, emotionally detached boy sat in his seat languidly tapping his finger on his thigh.

"Doing what, going for walks at 3am and continuing to be naïve?"
Chaerin stopped at the door, glancing back at him over her shoulder but she decided not to say anything as she left.

Jeno was right, there's no use getting involved with someone like him.

"This is ridiculous." She muttered to herself as she began to walk home, the rain had cleared up and she found herself overthinking once again.

She was confused and however many time she tried to bring it up to her friends they told her not to worry and to stay away from him.

Not that she even wanted to be involved with him, he was rude and arrogant- nothing but a shallow blood sucking demon.