CHAPTER THIRTEEN - SNAPE'S SECRETS REVEALED

- The Next Morning -
- Gryffindor Common Room -

Hermione yawned like a Knzeale as she stretched and limbs, tail, and ears while waiting for the sound of her bones popping to signal that everything was in order; once the pop came, she relaxed and rolled her neck and shoulders before leaning against the wall again. The run through the Forbidden Forest was rather enjoyable and she slept like Crookshanks after he ate a meat dish; thinking about it made the hybrid hungry for some bacon or fish.

'Maybe a ham would do.' She thought to herself.

Hermione was waiting for Neville to come downstairs but he most likely would have been more tired than she after last night - Neville and Hermione had a spar in their Animagus Forms, while Hermione won due to her size, Neville was able to catch her off guard more than once and proved his skills in the Cave Lion's Body - he was a True Gryffindor in Hermione's eyes. Hermione was pulled from her thoughts when the sound of shoe soles hitting the ground caused her ears to twitch, she looked in the direction of the sound and frowned when she saw Ronald Weasley walking towards her with a gold-plated smile on his face.

"Good Morning, 'Mione." Ron greeted but Hermione could smell the deception on his breath...or did he not brush his teeth that morning?

"What do you want, Ronald?" Hermione asked as she folded her arms, her rings were one display when she rested her hand on her bicep but when she felt Ron's eyes trained on the rings, she moved the tuck them into her sleeve causing the boy to look at her in the eyes.

"I was wondering - Harry and I was going to Hogsmeade this weekend to look at some new Quidditch Brooms that came into stock. We were wondering if you wanted to come with us." Ron asked in a tone, expecting her to say yes; wanting to be friends and the Golden Trio again but her answer shocked him.

"No."

That was it.

A simple 'no'.

"What? Why not?" Ronald asked with a raised eyebrow.

"If case you forgot - I hate Quidditch, Ronald. Furthermore, I am not friends with you nor am I friends with Potter; therefore, I want nothing to do with you or the Scarred-Headed Boy." Hermione said as plain as day but Ron could hear the hiss coming off her voice; alas, he persisted.

"Oh, come on, 'Mione. Well, if you don't want to go with Harry and I, you can go with Ginny to Honeydukes; I heard there's a special on some Chocolate Frogs. Oh! Madame Puddifoot is still doing that 'Couple Special'; maybe you and Ginny could go together." Ron said, his smile wider but he failed to notice Hermione locked teeth and her claws piercing her robes in hope to resist striking the boy. Hermione was going to lash out at him until a familiar scent caught his nose and she looked to see her brother coming towards her with a smile - a smile she returned and Ronald mirrored reversely.

"Morning, Myra. How's it going?" Neville asked, calling Hermione by her new nickname. It turned out that when she was born, her parents wanted to name her 'Myra' but the name 'Hermione' seemed better, so just called her 'Myra' for a nickname. Neville and Luna started calling her that and it made her smile every time, so she allowed it. Hermione opened her mouth to greet her brother but the red-head weasel called out before she could get a word out.

"Are you blind, Longbottom? Can't you see I'm talking to her?" Ron growled while looking at Neville but gesturing towards Hermione. Neville raised his eyebrow at the boy.

"Why are you bothering my sister, Weasley? Don't you and your friends have better things to do than try to get in her good graces and mooch off her?" Neville growled back as he walked over to his sister's side.