17: Christmas

Christmas morning at the tower was relatively quiet. At least, until 5:00, when both Kat and Percy had simultaneously and individually come to the conclusion that they absolutely could not wait any longer. Which meant that when they both dashed out into the hall, they ran into each other.

Grumbling from spots on the floor, they sat up and gave each other a surprised look before bursting into laughter. Annabeth poked her head out into the hall and glared at the two, making them silent instantly. Satisfied, she went back to bed and passed out.

The twins slipped down to the pool to mess around for a bit until people woke up. Oddly enough, they realized that their control over water was different. Percy was brute force, and Kat was more intricate. 

They sunk down to the bottom to talk. 

"So," Percy raised an eyebrow mischievously. "You and Loki, huh?"

Kat blinked. And blinked again. "What?" Then, "Oh! No. Nope. Nothing like that."

"Really? You expect me to believe that?"

"Yes! I'm not even lying! There is nothing between us." Kat said, and felt an odd sense. Between. She had said 'between'. Damn, she couldn't even lie to herself apparently.

"Are you sure about that?" Percy asked playfully.

"Okay, no, I'm not, but there isn't anything right now." Kat huffed.

Percy hummed in response. His thoughts drifted. "Hey Kat?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we'd be good parents?" Percy wondered.

"I dunno." Kat replied, leaning back in the water to float, hands behind her head and ankles crossed. "Depends on if we're too busy saving the world or not, I guess."

Percy mimicked her posture. "I sure hope we're done with all this world saving business. After this new prophecy, that is."

"Yeah. What a pain in the ass." Kat sighed.

"Amen to that." Percy said.

"You'd probably be a really cool dad that protects his kids, but like, cheers them on when they get into fights." Kat said suddenly. "Or like, cookies in the middle of the night after a bad dream."

Percy chuckled. "You know, I can totally see Clarisse cheering on a mini-Clarisse."

"Oh my Fates." Kat gasped. "You're completely right."

Percy grew silent after their laughter faded. "I had a vision." Kat turned to him and raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "It was a while ago. But in it, you were talking to this little boy, and eventually, I showed up. An older looking version of me. That was my kid. I was a dad."

Kat was quiet for a moment. "Were you happy?"

"I was." Percy said softly.

"Then I think you'll be a great father." Kat replied.

They both had soft smiles on their faces, until Kat suddenly blurted. "Wait! What prompted this?"

"My cabin at camp has a nursery room." Percy said.

"Oh." Kat said. 

{Katha?} Kat heard a voice in her head.

{Yeah, wassup Lokes?} Kat replied.

{Stark is requesting you and Perseus. Apparently it's time for the festivities to begin.} Loki said.

"Kat?" Percy frowned.