Chapter 20: Summer Camp

*unintelligible pain noises*
————————————————————

(Y/N) POV

Mina, Crying: "*Sniff* Have fun...At summer camp...Everyone...*Sniff* I look forward to your stories..."

(Y/N): "...I am so tempted to say a self deprecating joke but I know now's not the time... look, knowing Aizawa, he's not going to be leaving anyone behind."

Izumi: "Yeah! There might be a last second twist like last time!"

Sero: "If you say it out loud, you'll just jinx it."

(Y/N): "Trust me when I say I know the guy, and I know the camp. You guys got nothing to worry about."

Kaminari: "If we failed the written exams than we already have study hall, and since we didn't pass the practical...If you guys don't get it, THEN YOU'RE DUMBER THAN MONKEYS!"

He tried to attack my face, but I grabbed his hand before he could. Sheesh, I mean, I know I've never been to a summer camp before...well, I mean i technically have, but I feel like these guys are making a bigger deal out of this than they should be.

Aizawa then burst into the room and told everyone to sit down.

Aizawa: "Unfortunately, there are those of you who didn't pass the practical exam. Accordingly, for the trip to summer camp..."

"EVERYONE'S GOING!"

: "A LAST SECOND TWIST!"

Wow. I am so surprised. Who could have seen such a thing coming. Don't let my monotone voice make you think I am being sarcastic. Noooooooo.

And I totally didn't stop paying attention again.

Totally.

I promise.

...

—————
You did, didn't you?

(Y/N): "Yeah..."
—————

I have no idea how I got to the mall or why I am here, all I know is Midnight gave me extra money. I told her I didn't need it, but she somehow managed to slip it into my wallet. Probably when I was changing.

(Y/N): "So, Everyone is getting things that they need for Summer camp-"

At least I think they are. Hagakure just wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to come with.

(Y/N): "But I don't need anything so... what do I do for the next however many minutes?"

???: "How about you come hang out..."

The second I heard that voice, I turned around, ready to unravel the chain wrapped underneath my shirt and attack if need be.

Cole: "With me?"

Time stopped for naught but a moment, my self protection instincts and mind clashing. but then I looked around. In my haste to act, I almost caused a scene. After all, we're in a crowded mall. And then there's Cole. He looks...different. He's still so pale, but...he almost looks like a shade of human color. The black veins in his head had become less apparent, and his eyes, while still bloodshot and red, lacked the usual intensity of rage and hatred that I had unfortunately become accustomed to.

Extinguishing the smoke rocket in my hand, I kept my guard up as I approached him. If he were to attack me, well...He's in a similar situation. Can't attack without causing a scene. Only difference between us is that I'll at least try not to get any bystanders in the crossfire.