twenty two

EMARA
**
***
*****

"I don't like how you planned this behind my back," I mumbled as Kade caressed my spine with his fingertips, his lips pressing to the top of my head. "You should have talked to me."

"Talked to you about surprise-proposing to you?" Kade clarified, laughing. "That was what I avoided — you didn't make it any easier because you're glued to my hip at all hours of the day."

"Hey," I scolded, glaring at him. "You're the one who wants to go to all of my model sessions and meetings with the rest of my team. You don't see me wanting to go to your boring meetings, do you? No."

Kade sheepishly grinned. "I like being close to you."

"Do you have separation anxiety?" I asked seriously, hearing him let out a loud laugh. His head tipped back and he let his laughter soon die into short chuckles, eventually turning his head to look at me.

"No," he admitted. "I just like being with you. All the time. I could never get bored with you."

I smiled as he leaned down, pecking my lips. When he pressed them together for a second time, his lips put more pressure on mine. I hummed, running one of my hands through his messy blonde hair before pulling back. He grunted and moved forward again, capturing my lips in a desperate kiss.

"Kade," I said with a breathless moan. "We didn't come to this house to have sex all weekend."

"Uh," Kade said with a snort, "yes, we did. My plan was to propose and if you said yes we would celebrate by staying in bed, fucking for hours."

"And if I said no?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"Then I would accept it, we would come back to the beach house to talk about it, and then fuck for hours."

I rolled my eyes at the smirk that pulled at his lips, sitting up to stretch. Kade moved his hands up my back and he hummed when I shuttered, biting my lip.

"We can go out tonight if you really want to," Kade said with a small grunt, making me smile smugly and nod.

"I do want to," I agreed, masking the look of triumph on my face. I turned around to face Kade and he rose an eyebrow, looking over my face before kissing me. "Come here."

Kade gladly crawled to me, resting his head on my shoulder before grabbing my left hand. He fiddled with the ring on my finger and kissed it, smiling when he pulled back and stared at it.

"It looks perfect on you," he said to me, moving his lips up my arm. He stopped at my shoulder and bit it gently, making me giggle and push away. Kade kissed my cheek next, then the corner of my lips. "Can we just get married now?"

"You proposed twelve hours ago, baby," I commented, smiling when he groaned and fell back. He ran a hand over his face and glared at me, making me laugh and shake my head. "At least wait a few more months, okay? Don't forget that we still need a wedding planner and a date."

"I wanted it to be on Valentine's Day," he told me with a cheeky grin, making me roll my eyes.

"Why the hell on Valentine's Day?" I asked. "That's so cliché."

"Because we are the best type of couple out there so we might as well brag even more," Kade said, making me raising an eyebrow. "Think about it, Em. Have we ever gotten into a serious fight? Or a fight at all, for that matter? We know how to communicate when we're angry, we're happy — I'm telling you, we are thee couple."