Chapter 3

Maid for Stone

"Anyway, so then I hear Wes screaming at this poor helpless girl to stay away from his man," Jordan said. "And that, is how everyone thought he was gay for me for a whole week."

"I was drunk," Wes said defensively. "I stopped counting after the tenth vodka shot! And I regained my masculinity the next night when I did the deed with Sophie." I face palmed myself.

"Oh and then he proceeded to streak through the neighbour's lawn naked," Jordan laughed. "Poor old Mrs. Briggs will never be the same again."

We all burst out laughing. We had attempted to plan a draft for the Medea essay at the library for two hours after Jordan and Eli finished work to no avail. Wes kept making inappropriate comments at everything and anything and Jordan seemed to try anything to get Eli's attention now that they were talking out of working hours. We gave up when Wes complained he was hungry. I knew he was just trying to get Jordan to spend more time with Eli. He gave me a pointed look, prodding me under the table with his foot until I sighed, giving in.

So that is how we ended up here, eating dinner at a nearby diner. I picked up a fry and popped it into my mouth.

"That doesn't beat the time Eli climbed the roof of the house at this party claiming she was superman," I commented, grinning at Eli. "She would've jumped, too, if I hadn't run outside holding a green bottle yelling I had Kryptonite."

Eli blushed slightly as Wes and Jordan burst out laughing. Jordan's eyes twinkled as he looked at Eli, a wide smile on his face. I hoped it was the light and not him falling in love just yet...

"Oh yeah," Eli said, raising her eyebrow up at me as a challenge for betraying her. "Remember that time at your place you cried for a whole hour wailing your pet rock died?"

I put a hand over my face, that memory was still embarrassing. My dad had come home early that night, rushing home because I called him saying there was an emergency. When he'd arrived I ran up to him, hugged him and cried and told him that the rock died. He looked angry for a second, then started laughing. He never let me forget that.

"So you're a weird drunk, huh," Wes grinned.

"And you're a gay drunk," I commented.

"Get me drunk and you can find that out for yourself," he winked at me.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, "I think Jordan has already been scarred too much by you."

Jordan laughed, "Actually there was this one time. I was sleeping when Wes knocked on my window at four in the morning in nothing but a really short maid outfit. I thought I was in some screwed up dream."

"And you didn't even let me in for another five minutes. My ass was freezing!" Wes exclaimed.

"I regretted letting you in anyway! You barged into the kitchen saying you were going to serve 'master' for the day. I was traumatized!" Jordan shuddered.

"You know, I still don't know how I got that maid outfit," Wes pondered, looking off into the distance in confusion. His forehead was slightly creased and he made this thinking pout with his lips and why was I even noticing this. "All I remember was going to a party and drinking some weird drink my brother's friend gave me. He said it'd get my confidence up."

"A bit too up, if you ask me," I laughed. "I mean, it takes really great confidence to cross-dress like that."

"You would know, it seems," Wes replied.

Jordan and Eli had started a conversation. Looking at them, it would be really great if Eli could just get a steady boyfriend, specifically Jordan.