Chapter 16

Althea walked through the crowd that was forming in the kitchen and the dining room. It was around eight and people were finishing breakfast or cleaning up. They bowed her as she made her way across the kitchen to the living room with Alex tailing behind her.

She was still in her workout clothes, her jacket in her hand but still looked godly. A different aura was radiating from Alex. They could feel that he was stronger now. He was walking behind her as if ready to kill whoever defied Althea, like a warrior of a goddess.

After departing with Alex, Althea went to the bedroom looking for Aries but didn't find him there. She then went to his office, still no sign of him. When she looked through the living room, Althea noticed Matt on the couch with some other guys. They sat there looking sad and didn't even notice when Althea stood in front of them.

"Matt, where can I find Aries right now?" Althea asked, not caring about the guys eyes on her.

"He had to go to a meeting in the city so he left an hour ago." he said nervously. "It was a last-minute call. All the Alpha's are going to be there as well."

"Why did you not go with him then?" Althea asked with arms folded across her chest.

"Well it's not like I didn't want to. It's just that Tray tagged along with him and he wanted me to look over the pack in his absence. More like look over you." his voice became quieter at the end.

Althea raised her eyebrows and looked at him once more before heading her way to the bedroom so she could take a shower. She missed yet another chance to tell him the truth.

Three days went by but Aries still didn't return from the meeting. Althea was having a really bad feeling about this. To calm herself, she sat on her favourite spot on the tree next to the training ground. Later, Matt came over to her.

"Althea" he called over getting Althea's attention along with the pack on the training ground.

"Aries is going to be here soon." he started to say. The whole pack listened to him.

"He's also bringing some people over from the other pack." Althea was not happy to hear that. When Matt noticed that he quickly said, "I can't tell you anymore but when Aries is here, he'll explain everything."

Althea came down the tree and stood in front of Matt. She folded her arms and said, "Matt, you don't have to explain anything to me. It's not my place to question anything Aries does. It's okay."

"You don't get it do you Althea? It is your right to question him, you are the Luna of this pack. You have a right to know everything." Matt said softly.

"No. Not yet. Right now, I'm no one." Althea said softly before turning around and heading towards the forest with Alex tailing behind her.