Chapter Thirty-Eight

I groaned as I lied in bed, school would be starting next week, and I was no looking forward to it. I had exams coming up and I was already stressing out. Team Kill-Klaus had another operation going, I had declined the invite and bunkered in with study. Jeremy had too, declined, he and Bonnie getting away for a few days to our family cabin. I sat on the porch, textbook, notebook, highlighter and pens at the ready.

"Looks like I missed a lot." A voice spoke from the pathway. I looked up in confusion. Rebekah stood with a small smile.

"Rebekah?" I hadn't seen or heard from her in months.

"Hello Jordan." She walked up the steps and came closer to the swing I was on. "May I?" she asked, pointing at the chair. I gave one sharp nod, narrowing my eyes. It was Rebekah's fault that Elena was a vampire. "I didn't do it." she said suddenly. I blinked at her.

"What?" I asked a little confused by the sudden confession.

"Elena, I didn't do it. my mother had possessed me, ensuring Nik couldn't make anymore hybrids. Using her blood." Rebekah explained in a hurry. Like she was trying to get her words out quickly.

"Your mother possessed you?" I cocked my head to the side a little confused.

"Yes. When the other Alaric failed to murder us, she had limited time and did what she could. I fought her and got Nik to dagger me. Killing our mother again."

"So, it was your mother who died." I said with the memory of the party. My hand went to my neck, a small frown. It had been good until Damon had rocked up. then it went downhill quickly.

"She's dead, but still trying to kill us off." Rebekah shrugged.

"Charming woman." I muttered.

Rebekah grinned at me. we stayed silent for a few moments. I processed everything she had said. This summer break has been insane. From everything with Jeremy and Elena to then Kol. My head only had room for so much.

"Kol seems to be in a good mood." Rebekah said after a few minutes. I rolled my eyes at her smirk.

"We are still frenemies."

"Yes, he said that. Though I don't think he truly understands the meaning of it."

"I have tried to explain it." I shrugged.

"I did too. He just wouldn't listen."

We laughed for a bit before I gripped the edge of my book.

"He killed people."

"I am aware..." she trailed off. I looked down. "Kol has never been shy to murder people as he pleases. He makes Ripper Stefan look like a bloody saint." She spoke. I looked back up to her. "He is changing though. I can see how hard he is trying, and he does it for you."

"Why?" I asked, my mouth working before my brain could think things through.

"I would dare say my brother has very strong feelings for you Jordan." I bobbed my head. I felt Rebekah's hand squeeze my wrist gently. I looked up and met her blue eyes. "Don't give up on him. A thousand years I have known and loved my brother. It's time he finds happiness and love."

"Rebekah....I just.....I don't know." I admitted.

"Jordan, I can hear your heartbeat and when Kol's name is mentioned, it quickens. Like it did just then." She pointed at me; I felt my cheeks redden. "Let him show you the man he truly is."

I nodded and gave her a small smile. it felt nice talking to someone who wasn't trying to tell me how to feel or what I should do. Rather asking me. we stayed silent before I sighed.

"Since you have been gone, we kind of found out that I'm a witch." I filled the silence. I watched Rebekah's face morph into confusion. I lifted my arm in the air, pointing at the bracelet with the red glow. She leaned closer, squinting before giving me a confused look.

"Siphoner. I don't have magic of my own but I can steal it.....never tried to use it though." I tapped my lip. Could I use the magic I stole?"

"Blood hell, what else have I missed?" Rebekah grumbled. I laughed and started to fill in the blanks. 

The next day, I cooped myself up indoors with a textbook. I kept glaring at the words before feeling my brain hurt. Getting up, I walked to the fridge before pulling out a water bottle and then giving myself a small break. There was a knock at the door, I furrowed my brows before walking over and opening the door. A small smile on my face as Jeremy stood on the other side.

"You idiot. Why didn't you just come in?" I rolled my eyes, stepping aside to let him in. he walked in with a massive smile on his face.

"I wanted to see that smile."

I laughed before wrapping one arm around his hips and resting my head against his chest.

"How was the lake house?" I asked.

"Relaxing." Jeremy answered. I smirked. I knew what happened over there. I crinkled my nose teasingly.

"Hope you washed the sheets."

I saw the red dust his cheeks before he scowled.

"Gross Jords."

I shrugged before heading back to the table, Jeremy had thrown his stuff onto the couch. He sat down beside me. I turned to him with a raised brow.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"How are you?" he asked. I sighed. Looks like not much study would happen right now. I got up from the chair and moved to the couch, Jeremy right behind me. we had spent the next few hours catching up. I decided to tell Jeremy about Kol. I watched the range of emotions cross his face. He sighed.

"I may not like the idea of Kol, I agree that he does look after you and protects you."

I blinked.

"O-ok. Who are you and what have you done with my twin?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"It's me." Jeremy laughed. Then he gave me a serious look. "I want you to be happy Jordan."

"I will be happy when these exams are over."

"Stop trying to change the subject. You brought it up." Jeremy laughed. I groaned.

"I know. I just....I don't know how I feel at the moment."

"I think you need to start figuring it out."

I smiled taking Jeremy's hand in my own. I hadn't seen him for a week with everything that went down. It seemed like the time away for him and I did us both a world of good. I smiled a little. It felt good that my twin approved. I knew Jeremy wasn't fond of vampires and especially ones that were originals. But he gave me his blessing if I wanted to peruse things with Kol. Now I had to decide if I wanted too or not. Rebekah's words kept replaying over and over in my head. Should I give Kol a chance or not?