Chapter 27

Calvin's POV

Waking up beside my mate is one of the best feelings in the world. The feeling of contentment and safety is like no other.

I wake up and just admire my handsome mate. Miles is so beautiful, his curly brown hair laying across his forehead, his soft pink lips looking oh so appetizing.

Probably feeling my stare, Miles looks up with the most adorable expression. He looks confused yet shy at the same time. His sleepy hazel eyes look up at me, and I feel him move closer, snuggling into my chest. His length rubs against my own, causing me to groan.

"If you don't stop moving, I'll take you again, right now," I warn, him turning me on.

"Well why don't you?" As he says this, he gets up and straddles me. He winces in pain, and a slight smirk appears on my face, knowing what's wrong.

"What's wrong? Are you sore little rabbit?" I ask slyly, pretending to be innocent in this whole situation.

Miles shoots me a quick glare before getting up. He yells back, "I'm taking a shower if you'd like to join me!"

I rush out of bed, watching his hips sway teasingly. I can feel my dick harden, his bare ass looking so edible.

We make it to the shower, after quickly brushing our teeth. I massage my mates lower back, knowing how sore he probably is. He was practically waddling on shaky legs. He moans at the feeling of my massage, which just turns me on even more.

Halting myself from taking him in this shower, I grab the shampoo and lather it in his hair. I massage his scalp as he leans into my touch.

Rinsing the suds out, after warning him to keep his eyes closed, I grab the body wash. Time for the fun part.

I rub down his entire body, reaching every inch of him. Miles just stands there and enjoys what I'm doing to him.

Once I finish, I quickly wash my hair and my body, and hop out of the shower. I wrap the towel around Miles' waist, leaving a lingering stare at his crotch.

He smirks at me, feeling much more confident in his body after last night. I wanted to show him he has no reason to hide from me, he is so beautiful the way he is.

We get dressed and go to the room to just relax and enjoy each other's company. We are doing just that when I get an alarming mindlink from Kevin.

"Rogues and hunters are attacking!"

I sit up quickly and drag Miles with me out the door and down the stairs. Miles asks with confusion, "What's wrong?"

"Rogues and hunters are attacking, we need to fight. I may not like the idea of you fighting but our pack needs your protection. We can do this," I speak, trying to motivate him.

Miles nods determinedly, and soon we reach the bottom level of the pack house. Women and children are being rushed into the safe room, where I wish Miles could be. Warriors are all running to the front lines, ready to protect the pack.

Miles and I shift, not caring about our clothes. We run until we reach the border, where rogues and hunters are pushing against our fighters. I see Miles' father attacking Kevin while another rogue is approaching secretly. I target the approaching rogue, and kill him with a swift snap to his neck.

Miles is holding his own, tearing apart rogue and hunters alike. Miles' dad looks to me, and I can see the hate burning in his eyes.

This is war.