; CHAPTER 8 ; - Dark Weather

His heart drops at the words spoken by his mother. She didn't remember him? The nineteen-year-old can feel his stomach start churning with anxiety and despair as she stares blankly off to the side, out the window. "I didn't know I had a son... Though I can see it.." Her voice is small and quiet, almost.. nonexistent.

The redhead hurts. He physically hurts. He doesn't want this to be real.. but it is.

And there is nothing he can do about it.

"Jotaro! Congratulations on graduating!" The crippled teen has trouble standing up on his own so has to rely on his crutches; but he's getting better. He's supposed to start wearing leg braces soon to stabilize his legs. He's really excited about it. "Mm-hm." Jotaro only nods softly in reply before slowly walking beside the boy. Kakyoin's very quiet.. it's unnatural. "What's wrong, Noriaki?"

That name. God, it just rolls off his tongue. Kakyoin freezes. "....Nothing, it's.." He starts to blow it off as nothing but he falls silent again. Tears start welling up in his eyes and before he can do anything about them he's starting to cry, soft sobs coming from his mouth as he raises his free hand to cover it as a muffle. He needs to sit. His legs are starting to give—and Star suddenly appears when the redhead starts to stumble. Jotaro catches him and pulls him close into a hug, something he refused to do in public often. But even he could see that he needed it, more now than ever.

"Come on, let's go home." He pulls him along, leading him down the road.

Kakyoin grabs the boys hand, laughing as he pulled him up. It was a little past four, but they had the rest of the day for sleep. Everyone was in need of it. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Dancing! Don't you hear the music?" Kakyoin has a grin on his face, laughing as he twirled around the room. He didn't have the ability to be a kid when he was small. Now he had a friend to, and he was gonna make the most of it. Jotaro stares in confusion, but just shakes his head.

Kakyoin wouldn't be stopping anytime soon.

Shakily, Kakyoin sits on the bed. Tears still streaming down his face, Jotaro carefully wraps a blanket around him and rubs his shoulders. Comfort wasn't his forte, but he didn't mind doing it. "What's wrong."

"..." Kakyoin sniffs, leaning into his body. He can't talk. He needs to but he will start crying again.. crying was something he didn't like doing. "M-My... mom doesn't remember me..." A quiet whisper of words. Jotaros' hand raises to wipe his face for him, pulling him into a well needed hug. Kakyoin just breaks down, gripping his jacket desperately as he let out pain filled sobs into his chest. Jotaro aches. A hand rubs at his back as he pulled him close, settling back against the bed with him in arms. Seeing his best friend—no, boyfriend... seeing him hurt like this was painful.

Actually—were they even boyfriends? He's.. kissed him more than once in the past few months and they've cuddled and slept in the same bed.. but neither of them actually asked. Maybe he will sometime later on. For now, his priority was getting Kakyoin calmed.

"I'm so scared.."

Hand is placed carefully on her almost paper thin skin. She's cold, but not too cold. He pulls the cover over her.