Chapter Thirty-Nine

Being back at school felt like a good change of pace. Rebekah had decided to go back to tormenting Elena and Caroline by re-joining all their classes and social events.

"Miss Mystic Falls pageant will be in a few weeks. Are you ready?" Caroline asked while we walked through the halls to the cafeteria.

"No?" I answered.

How did I have time between everything at home, in my life and the fear of Klaus popping up around every corner. She scowled, giving me a light smack to the arm.

"Jordan. You have a chance this year."

I rolled my eyes. This wasn't my idea of a good time. Elena and Jeremy had filled in the paperwork. I groaned.

"Why can't Jeremy do it? we are twins." I added when seeing Caroline glare.

"Because it's Jeremy." She huffed. I rolled my eyes. Caroline was on a mission, being last years winner. She had agreed to help take on the responsibility. "Who is your date?" she asked.

"Stefan?" I shrugged.

"Well that's.....different." she mused.

"What?" I asked, feeling like she was hiding something from me.

"I just thought you would ask Kol."

I shook my head quickly. Why make him suffer through something like that?

"Nooo."

"Why?" she asked a little confused.

"One, we have just redefined that we are now on friends' terms and not frenemies..." we had come to the agreement to be friends. Kol was more then happy with that, though he suggested we should get to kiss, I settled on a hug. I had told him about boundaries, and he huffed and groaned. He would stay away from the school unless I asked him to come. In return, one day a week I HAD to spend it with him. I rolled my eyes, he already booked out my entire Saturday day and night. I made him promise that he wasn't allowed to kill anymore, he had filled his quote for the remainder of the year. he had said he would limit it to one a day if he deems it fitting. I had sighed, not liking that but I guess one a day was better then twenty or more.

"Two..." I continued after a long pause. "I don't even want to go. Why would he want to?"

"Because he likes you and follows you round like a lost puppy." She finished.

"No, that's Klaus." I pointed at her. she groaned. "Speaking of, how was the date?" I asked.

They had to reschedule the date four times, much to Klaus's annoyance.

"Currently on pause. I keep finding excuses that work." Caroline shrugged. I sighed. Klaus was going to be snapping at some point. I chuckled. Klaus really did have a thing for Caroline. I felt bad for Tyler who was still trying to break the sirebond.

"I just wish Tyler would come home." She sighed. Caroline and Tyler had decided to put their relationship on hold, both needing space. I missed Tyler, he was a good guy. He had changed a lot over the last few years.

"Me too." I sighed. 

The day had finished, I already had homework due by end of week and been handed a few exams preps. I felt stressed when walking into my house, I threw my bag by the steps, quickly heading into the kitchen, muttering the questions for the exams.

"How was school?" Alaric asked.

I turned to him with a frown.

"Hard." I answered. He chuckled.