School Musical (Part Two; Showtime)

Opening Night

"Get me the blush." Barbra called.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, I don't think that any of this is gonna make you look more alive." Nat, the assistant makeup artist commented, smearing green shadow over Barbra's eyelids. the show needed to bring in more students since the stage crew was overwhelmed.

"Sit still!" Artemis yelled. "I'm not getting payed for this, and we've all got people to impress tonight." Dick was trying to stay still, but he couldn't, ADHD is just like that sometimes. "Well, that'll do, will anyone even care if the lead looks like a dumpster fire?" she let him go. Dick skipped to the curtains, and despite everything that Mr. Mac had said, he peaked into the audience. middle-front row: Damian, Roy and Jason (holding hands), Wally, Tim, and Bruce. Dick blinked several times, willing this to be a dream; but there they sat, Wally looking confused, and vaguely frightened. Dick backed away and ran back to the makeup booths.

"Where's Babs?"

"She went to the change room. Hey Seymour, we gotta mic you up-"

Dick ran from Luke, the head techie, and sprinted up the stairs, barging into the girls change room. "BABS!"

She's met by a chorus of screams and "Get out!"s, until someone yelled. "GUYS! It's just Seymour." everyone calmed down leaving Dick flustered in the doorway.

Barbra finished slipping on her leafy green leotard, and pulled her flaming red hair into a ponytail. "What the hell is it?"

"Everyone's in the audience."

"No shit. It's an audience. Did you barge in here just to say that?"

"No! Like EVERYONE is in the audience; Bruce, Dami, Tim, Jay and Roy AND EVEN WALLY!"

"What?" She called. "Did you tell them?"

"No, if you didn't, then..."

"JASON!" Barbra yelled, earning many shushes from her co-stars, as the audience was right below.

"What's Wally going to think?" Dick realized in horror, burring his face in his hands, blushing through his makeup.

"See guys, I told you it was alright for him to come in." One of the girls, Tilda, commented.

"Dick, I get you're worried, but please fuck off. I've got to try and finish this off, and you're underfoot. Go get your mic on." Barbra panicked, pulling her hair down and grabbing her electric curler. "Cheffon-I mean- Liz, help me with the hair."

"On stage in Ten!" Mr. Mac called through the door.

For the next few minutes everything was a haze. Dick, and well, everyone else was panicking about things left and right: "Did someone take my prop?", "Where are the roses?", "Oh god, My throat! I'm going to sound like a sea lion!" etc. Dick was plastered with nurses tape (holding up his mic), Barbra and hiding under the counter, ready to puppet the plant as soon as it was placed above her, even Artemis was ready; pacing in the wings, terrified that once the lights went up, she might see someone SHE knew in the audience (She hadn't heard about Wally and Roy in the front row).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intermission

Wally approached the concession stand that student council had set up and slapped five dollars down. "Can I get a Twix bar?"

"What do you think so far?" Jason asked, reluctantly making conversation with someone who wasn't Roy, as the boy had made a detour to the washroom.

"I love it! Dick's adorable up there! I'm just confused as to why you had to kidnap and blindfold me to get here."

"It's a surprise, aren't you grateful?" Jason took out his water bottle (Full of vodka which he and Roy ha been pre-gaming before the show) and swilled some drink.

"I just wish I'd known so I could've gotten him something."

"I mean, there's five minutes left, and you are the fastest kid on earth." Jason shrugged. "Here, get something nice," He passed Wally twenty dollars. "I ship it."

"Well I knew Jay was into red-heads, but..."

"Oh, you!" Jason chased the archer back into the auditorium. Wally pocketed the Twix bar and the money. If he went fast enough, he could find somewhere that was still open, and still be back in time for the second act.

Four minutes later, Wally sprinted in as the lights dimmed, and shuffled past the rest of the row, clutching the most lavish bouquet twenty dollars could buy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After The Show

Everyone backstage was raving, as they changed out of their costumes and into the pyjama pants and sweatshirts that made up everyone's backstage clothes.

"Hey Arty, They loved you out there!" Barbra giggled.

"Me? Did you see their faces when Poison Freaking Ivy leaped out of Audrey II!"

Barbra pulled on her hoodie. "Dad let me have the car tonight, do you want a lift home?"

"Honestly, yes." Artemis squealed in pain as she peeled off her mic tape.

"Can I get a ride too?" Dick asked, everyone was just letting him chill in the girl's change room.

Artemis let out a cry, ripped off the tape, and regained her composure. "Your whole-ass extended family was in the audience, man."

"I- Really don't want to sit through a ride home with them. I didn't tell them I was in a show."

"HA! Sucks to be you." She winked as her fake lashes came loose.

Eventually, Barbra and Dick went to wait outside the stage door while Artemis returned the Mics. "See you tomorrow!" Barbra called to the kid who played Orin. "Dad's coming tomorrow cause he's working tonight." She explained to Dick.

"OH MY GOD IT'S THE STARS OF THE SHOW!" Dick hid his face in his sweater, as his brother ran up and yanked him off the ground.

Everyone followed the excitement Jason radiated to the duo at the auditorium door. "So, when'll you start on Broadway?" Tim teased, as Jason still refused to put Dick back down.

"What the hell, Jay?" Barbra yelled. "You said you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"I didn't, they just figured out." Jason continued to irritate his baby brother.