30

[Y'N's POV]

"You have got to be kidding me."

"I don't kid sweetheart."

"You can't just raise my rent like this!"

"Last time I checked you don't have a lease and I see you leaving in that fancy car every morning, so I decided to raise it."

"I'm trying to save money to get out of this dump if you haven't noticed. Seriously you can't do that! You haven't raised anyone else's!"

"You don't know that moneybags so either cough up the cash or hit the streets like the other poor people that live here!"

Honestly.

Can she seriously do this?

I almost had enough for a down payment on a nice place, and now she's taking half of it.

You give the woman a murderous scowl as you pull the cash out of your pocket and slam it down on her desk, her cigarette smoke gagging you when it puffs out along with her crackly laugh.

"I knew you were a smart girl Hollywood."

"Whatever."

"See you next month!"

I'm never going to get out of here.

I'm going to be stuck in this dilapidated apartment forever.

You feel tears welling in your eyes as you walk outside and look around in confusion when the familiar black SUV isn't sitting outside, your shoulders shrugging in defeat.

Maybe Yoongi needed it?

Oh well...who cares...I just want to hug Maki and lay on the couch and watch cartoons with her...my reality is too sad.

Stuffing your hands in your jacket pockets you begin walking down the broken, cracked sidewalks as you avoid the mud puddles in between the slabs of busted concrete, light tears welling in your eyes.

I was so close....

So close to my future looking up after what Ryun did to me...and that nasty old hag just took it from me.

Now every single month she's going to take all my money from me.

I'm never going to save enough...

You allow a couple tears to roll down your cheeks as you pull up your hood and make your way to the large apartment building, your heels aching and tired from all the walking.

Yoongi worked so hard for this apartment...

I can't lose hope yet...

He put it so many years of performing and writing music...I'll get there...I just have to keep working hard.

When you get up to the apartment door you quietly knock, your eyes slightly widening when Yoongi answers the door in his pajamas.

"Ah...Y/N?"

"Yeah?...."

"I tried to call your phone this morning...I took the day off to spend with Maki since I've been gone so much..."

Oh my god-

You quickly fumble with your purse and pull out your phone as one menacing text sends you into an even worse mood, your teeth grit so tight it feels they might crack.

From: Ryun

Wouldn't want to keep paying for something that's mine, would I?

That jerk.

I forgot he's the one that owned my phone.

"A-Ah...it looks like my phone was shut off.."

And there goes the rest of my money.

"I'm sorry Yoongi...I'll get a new phone..."

You feel like you're about to burst into tears until you hear little hands smacking against the wood floors, Maki's head popping in between Yoongi's as she looks at you with a smile.

"Pa!"

"H-Hey Maki...I'm sorry Yoongi, I'll get going...have a good day though..I'll try to get a new phone soon so we can be in contact."

This is the worst day ever.

I can't even watch cartoons with Maki.

"P-Pa?...."

You turn when you hear Maki's tiny voice crack and she looks at you with puckered lips, tiny tears beginning to well in her eyes.

What?...

"Maki what's the matter with you?"

"Pa!"

Yoongi picks Maki up and looks at her with wide eyes when she begins to cry and reach for you, her tiny pudgy hands gripping at the air.

She...

"Um...wow...okay...Maki come on look Appa is staying with you today!"

"PA!"

You feel your heart break when Maki continues to cry and scream for you, your gaze shifting to Yoongi who sighs in defeat.

"Um...Y/N...come here..."

With a nod you walk over to him awkwardly and grab Maki from him as she buries her face into your sweater with tiny whimpers, her little arms wrapping around you as far as they can stretch.

Aww...

She...she wants me...

"Guess I'll go to work then."

You look up at Yoongi's sour expression as you reach out and grab his arm softly, only his eyes cutting over at you.

"U-Um...how about I just stay until Maki's nap?...when she falls asleep I'll leave and you can spend time with her then...I'm really s-sorry I came by and didn't have my ph-phone.."

You feel your own eyes fighting back the tears welling in them as Yoongi looks down at Maki then up to you, his head giving a sharp nod.

"Alright then...that sounds fine."

I can't wait to get home and cry into my pillow.

Because of Ryun now Yoongi is upset with me.

Why is he still ruining my life.

Wiping away a stray tear you set your purse down inside of Yoongi's apartment and look down at Maki whose gazing up at you with her round teddy bear eyes, her expression full of admiration and warmth.

"You're such a troublemaker Maki. Your Appa wants to spend time with you."

"Pa..."

Maki reaches up and tenderly lays her hand on your cheek, her nose scrunching when she gives you a wide gummy smile.

Even on the worst days ever, Maki's precious smile makes me so happy...

Walking into the living room you grab Maki's pink blanket and sit down on the couch, her legs kicking excitedly when you awkwardly look at Yoongi.

"Um...is it okay if I turn on some cartoons for Maki?.."

"Knock yourself out."

So cold-

Maybe it is better that I watch Maki alone...I can't wait to leave and come back when it's just her and I...

(A/N): Soft