part 2 of Y/N catches Harry stealing blood and things get messy

ii.

Y/N won't stop crying.

It's too much for Harry to deal with, if he's honest. He's dealt with human emotions before but in light loads; from pleasure to pain and what is in between. Never had he ever had to sort out someone whose home had just been ripped to shreds by an aggressive being hunting them down with the intention to kill them. Never had he had to coax a sobbing girl out of his car, into his home, promising that things will be okay and that he'd not let anything happen to her just as he had been doing. Never had he let a human soak his coach pillow with tears or let them leave crumpled up tissues around them as they tried desperately to settle down but truly couldn't.

And never had he had a human convince him to go back to the scene of horror, just for a fucking rabbit.

She'd seemed to have forgotten about it in the rush to get back to his place and the fear of being killed, that she had left her animal there the night she had gone. Had been so caught up in everything that she hadn't even thought about the thing, until she was sat on his couch, her sobs halting, her face dropping, "Gremlin," she uttered softly, looked up to him with wild eyes, "Harry we forgot Gremlin!"

"Who?" His brows pinched towards the center, and a small bead of panic dripped through him when a fresh wave of tears began to stain her cheeks, "Wait, fuck, what? Who?"

"My bunny," her body shook with a sob, reaching up to press her palms into her eyes, shaking her head side to side, "I'm a shit mom, I'm a shit bunny mom – I – I didn't even think about –" she looked to him, "We have to go get him, please? We have to go get him."

It took Harry a couple of minutes to convince her that she can't come as well considering the circumstances at hand (the safest place for her to be if not at his side, is swallowed whole in his scent at his home), and then about half an hour to convince her that she would be okay alone for only a moment, because he wouldn't take long. Though she makes it fucking hard to leave, still crying, telling him she doesn't want to be by herself because she's scared, and god he has no clue why his chest hurts with each hiccup-ed sob stating explicitly that in the moment she "never, ever, ever wants to leave his side again", but it does (and for some reason knowing that the only reason she's saying it is because she's petrified right now makes his chest hurt a little bit more).

"Can't get the bunny if you won't let me leave, yeah? I'll be back right quick, you'll be safe here. No demon can enter but me."

And while it took a while and some persuasion on his part, promising that as soon as he's back he'll fix her something to eat and then she could rest, she did eventually let him leave (of course after he snagged a bottle of liquid that he hadn't explained to her was to heal it in case it was had been alive but unwell...he didn't want to put the thought into her head).

So now, he finds himself shaking a bag of carrot chips and tutting his tongue for a rabbit. A bloody rabbit of all things! He had things to do, a demon to catch, a city to save, and he was fucking crawling on his hands and knees beckoning something a tail short of a huge rat so that the human at his home would stop sobbing. He could only pray that the blood was not that of the rabbits, scattered amongst her things, because he can't go back empty handed – can't even imagine what she would do if he told her the thing had been slaughtered. For a moment he even considers breaking into a pet store just to steal one so he could win her over with a new love, in the event that the blood staining her rug was that of a dead bunny's.

"C'mon Gremlin," he shakes the bag soundly, "Your mummy is waiting for you. Gon' make her real sad if you're dead."

There's a rustling from his left that catches his ear, looking over to where a pile of clothing and papers had been discarded in the corner, rising and falling slowly. It's then – when he tunes in – he can hear the faint thump of a dying heartbeat, and he immediately scrambles over to the pile, pulling back the cloth and the old notes to find the brown and white bunny she had described to him. Soft, downy fur stained in red, clumping it together, its eyes flickering open and closed as the life slowly begins ebbing away from it.