Chapter 9 |Broken souls|

Khushi had safely reached Lucknow last night. As soon as she got there she purchased a new SIM from the train station and added Payal's number to it. She texted her to let her know that she had reached. She had also told her sister to let her remain anonymous as she didn't want anybody to question her, and after texting or calling each other she should delete the history.

She was trying, trying very hard to not be found by Arnav.

She hailed a rickshaw and made her way to their house in Gomti Sadan. Unlocking the door with the spare key she always kept with her, she made her way inside and latched the door.

She was finally away. She was free. With her heart becoming heavy and form weak she let lose and cried. She cried and cried till her eyes had run out of tears.

She had remained very strong until now and kept collecting everything in her heart, but she was alone and she had to empty her heart, pour out the pain. So she cried, shrieked, threw things and when she was tired she slumped on the floor and passed out.

That's exactly how she found herself in the morning. With her hair open and messy, dry tears on her face, broken vases in the room, things thrown here and there. Her heart felt a bit light if not a lot. This breakdown was needed. She chuckled sadly at her actions and got up to clean the mess in the room and the even bigger mess that was herself. Satisfied with her work she made her way to the kitchen to fill her now very hungry and empty stomach. She recalled how she hadn't eaten a single thing since yesterday. Maybe that was also the reason why she had that breakdown last night because she was a monster when she didn't eat. Chuckling to herself yet again she started making the much needed meal.

Hum toh samjhe the ke aik zakham hai bhar jayega
Kya khabar thi ke Rang-e-Jaan Mai utar jayega

It was relatively calm in the Raizada House. Done with the breakfast they now sat in the living room with nothing much to say. NK had called to inform that he would soon be arriving as he was done with the work in Australia. The family had checked on Anjali a couple of times and provided her with breakfast in the morning. They however didn't see Arnav after yesterday.

HP was sent to give him breakfast which he denied to have. Nani went to his room, she wanted him to have his breakfast and in response she got "leave me alone nani," from his side. She was concerned.

"Chotey please at least eat a little bit. You'll get sick if you don't eat and take your medicines." Nani pleaded and knocked on his door again.

It was then that he opened his door. She gasped seeing the condition he was in. The hair that was always gelled to perfection looked like a hot mess right now, the sophisticated three piece designer suits he had on every morning nowhere in sight but a crumpled, crisp white T-shirt which was half tucked in his pants and half hanging loose. His knife yes bloodshot red.

Her chotey looked like he had a horrible night. Eyes now filled with tears she made her way inside his room to see the books and files scattered on the floor, big shards of glass, another broken glass near the poolside, bedsheet crumpled, the duvet on the floor, broken tables, everything in sight was destroyed heartlessly. Hey Devi Maiya she thought. Her chotey was in a really atrocious condition.

"Chotey t-this what happened?" She cried.

"Kuch nahi nani." He replied collectively but his misty eyes and horrible form gave his nani a clear picture of what he was actually going through and feeling right now.

She sat and pulled his face near her lap making him rest his face there. She stroked his hair reassuring him that everything would be ok.

"She's gone nani! She's gone! She's not attending her phone, Aman can't track her, there's no location of where she is. Nothing is gonna be ok so please stop saying that j-just stop please!" He cried helplessly.

Nani felt helpless. What could she do to make her chotey feel better? After the unfortunate tragedy with his parents she had never seen him like this, ever. Her heart cried for him, for the havoc that had wrecked the whole house. There wasn't anything to say. How could she continue reassuring him that everything would be fine when she herself felt anything but that.

Deciding to keep that matter aside for a bit, she asked him to eat because otherwise he would get sick as his sugar levels might drop down. After much convincing he finally gave in and decided to eat a few bites of the breakfast and take his medicine.

Later after feeding him she told him to tidy up and take a shower and till then she'd send someone to clean his room to which he thankfully agreed.

~~**~~

NK had arrived and had greeted everyone. He was stunned by the horrible revelations. The things that had happened to Khushiji while he was gone were even more terrible than the last time. NK wasn't a fool. He was well aware of Shyam's real face. He knew how much of a disgusting bastard he was behind the sweet mask he put on every time.

He was also angry at others for not listening to Khushi. She was such a kind soul and had almost died saving Arnav from Shyam's evil clutches. Well, they didn't believe her then why would they do it now he thought sourly.

He was in India only because there was a particular business he was taking care of. It was his father's company which he had decided to expand in India. He was here to handle that and with them being family from his mother's side, he was strictly told by his parents and the Raizadas to only stay at Shantivan till his work was over, so he stuck to that.

After hearing everything he was disgusted by all of them. How could they? He was almost an outsider but knowing Khushi for such a short time, he could never in a million years think that she would be capable of performing such a heinous act. He wanted to get to the bottom of this and for that he needed more information. Deciding to get to know that by his 'parjaijee' he made his way towards her room.

They greeted formally and asked about each others health when he suddenly asked Payal about the current situation and about Khushi's whereabouts.

She told him everything. Everything that had happened yesterday except Khushi's location because she had strictly warned her not to disclose it to even a single soul.

NK sat there astounded. What the actual fuck? Suddenly something clicked in his mind and he knew this was something that could prove her innocence.

************************************************
Both Arnav and khushi are in pain. Poor souls!
Coming from the shayher of Urdu, I have a deep love for Urdu shayari so I decided to add a little change with the shayari. I hope y'all like it.
I changed NK's background a little bit.
What does NK know and how will he prove her innocence?
Stay tuned for that.
Also I've been reading all your lovelies comments. I don't reply to all of them because I've got a hectic schedule but that doesn't mean I don't see and appreciate them.
So thank you for that, keep supporting, keep voting and keep commenting it keeps me motivated to write more and more. 💕

Much love!

PS: DO NOT COPY OR REPRODUCE AS THIS IS SOLELY AND SOLEMNLY MY WORK.