xii. mild case misuse

CHAPTER TWELVE
( mild case misuse )

❛ don't kiss and tell ❜

IT HAD BEEN AN HOUR AND ATHENA hadn't returned to where Jason had last seen her. He was at the bar now, scanning the crowd for any sign of the brunette. She wasn't easy to find. Didn't exactly have any distinguishing features that would make her stand out in a crowd like this. Her hair was plain, her personality was down right awful, and her tits were only slightly above average. Only thing he'd actually congratulate her for was her ass; it was truly quite remarkable. Athena was dressed similarly to all the other girls here; tight black dress that defined certain areas (which Jason highly appreciated), black boots and fluro yellow paint in two lines across her cheeks and down the sides of her dress. The only really defining feature of Athena was her eyes. They were black. Such an intense shade of dark brown that if it wasn't for the speckles of green and blue flakes in her iris', her eyes would be entirely black. From where he was standing, trying to find Athena based on her ass and eyes was futile.

          He'd left Lily 10 minutes ago to go to the bar and get her a drink. Well, that's what she assumed, anyway. He had no intentions of going back to her. She was hot and all, but mind-numbingly stupid. She'd asked about what happened between him and Athena at birth; why he had eyes of "rocket green" and hers of "devil's breath" if they were related. When he had replied saying they were technically half brother and sister, she had said, with utter seriousness too, that it must be hard being adopted.

           He sometimes wished Athena was stupid. It would make being attracted to her a whole lot less painful. However, most of Jason's enjoyment stemmed from playing with her, making her angry enough to the point where the tips of her ears would go red and that deadly calm would settle over her features. If she was dumb, the fun would be drained out of it. So, Jason was glad that Athena wasn't stupid. She was quite smart, actually. Given not as intelligent as Tim but he doubted anyone in the continent was. Athena thinks that just because she's hot and clever with a knife, that's what makes her the perfect killer. But she's wrong. It's her brains that make her deadly. She knows how to get under her victim's skin, to make them crawl and beg before she'd even lifted a finger. He should know; he's witnessed it first hand on multiple occasions.

          There's only been a few times where Jason will admit he's been scared of Athena in the past. He'd been in the room when Bruce had gotten her to test her skills for the first time. To explore and apply all the skillset Bruce had drilled into her since she had arrived 3 months earlier. Her victim was a man named Miles Lume. He ran a shop on the Main Street that specialised in harmless high-giving drugs, disguising itself as a local tailor to avoid any unwanted government attention. The man had gotten himself into a situation where he couldn't repay a debt, so Bruce had been paid to eliminate him and obtain the left over drugs to be return to their original seller.