06

[6]

HORCRUX

Dear Pers,

Well, life's pretty ordinary from here. I haven't got a chance to try the spell yet but it's first on my priority. Ms Wicks is as annoying as she is normally. Mum, dad and Henry went to dinner out nine times in the past two weeks which is great for me because I get to be home alone. I nearly destroyed the kitchen three days ago when I tried to make pumpkin pie, I tried to learn the spell from my mum's cooking book but it wasn't working so instead I try to make the pie heat up by heating it with fire on my wand. Then, it might or might not have gotten completely out of control. I burnt my mum's apron so I had to buy her a new one.

Mum asked me whether I wanted Italian or Mexican food yesterday, it made me happy. You know me, I asked for treacle tart. She laughed at me and made me treacle tart, how good is that? Mum's treacle tart is the best thing in this world.

Dad took Henry and me for Quidditch four days ago, Henry vs me, as usual, I made sure he won. If I won, dad will say that I cheated again. But don't blame yourself Pers, the techniques you taught me really changed my approach to Quidditch. Sometimes I go flying myself when Henry, Mum and Dad go out for dinner, I love it really. You know, I hope this doesn't come out too cheesy but you changed my life for the better. Without you, I'll probably still be that weird kid who sucks at everything.

Anyways, I have to go for breakfast now so...

Au revoir,

Harry

Persephone would never be able to put her feelings towards Hadrian's letters in words, no matter how articulate she is. She will never be able to explain the skip in her heartbeat as she saw a new letter, never be able to explain the natural smile that comes to her face, and never be able to explain the vulnerability she felt as she read over each letter. She slowly scanned her hand through the parchment, reading the letter for about the third time, refolded it and tucked it into her second drawer on her right. For a second she was lost in thought.

'You changed my life for the better' was what Hadrian had written to Persephone. Would Hadrian still think so when Persephone fulfils her destiny? Would Hadrian still think that she 'changed his life for the better' after Persephone shows him what she had done? Would Hadrian still think she 'changed his life for the better' when she drags him into a battle that he might not want to be a part of?

For Persephone, Hadrian has always been her bottom line, her shield, her little thought of comfort when something is close to being wrong. She would always think, in the bottom of heart, maybe even unconsciously, 'I still have Hadrian' and she doesn't want it to ever be gone. What would Hadrian think when Persephone's first attempt to write to him was made in order to try to manipulate his younger brother?

Then a second letter dropped through her window pulling her out of the dangers of her mind with an owl she does not recognise. She quickly summoned a potion to her hand and poured it onto the foreign owl making it fall unconscious. The forgetfulness potion for animals. She did not want the letter sender knowing the location of her mansion. Slowly, she opened the letter. Her eyes uncharacteristically widened in shock as she recognised the neat handwriting.

Dear Persephone,

Hi. I am Sirius Black. Do you remember me?

I've missed you?

Would you like to reconnect somewhen?

It would be my pleasure to be able to reconnect with you. I've heard that you're living on your own? Would you like to join our Christmas dinner this year with the Potters?