xxx // boy meets evil

Hannah wakes up with a groan, feeling like she woke up from a deep sleep. 'I haven't felt that groggy in a while'  she thinks as she lifts her head and attempts to wipe her face, only to realise that her hand is cuffed. She looks at it confused and then to the other hand, then looks behind her and sees she's been cuffed to bars on the top of the Lumiose Tower.

Hannah scoffs in annoyance and looks to her feet, glad to see they're uncuffed but pretty useless none the less. 

Hannah looks to her side to see Ash in the same predicament, but he's still unconscious. Hannah looks worriedly to him and realises she's just out of reach to touch him with her foot, so she sighs in defeat.

She looks a little bit further to the edge of the tower to see a view of horror; not only the city surrounded with vines and smoke, but also Alain and a scientist watching the apocalyptic situation with a smile on their face, and lounging in beach chairs of all things.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Hannah mutters quietly, however not quietly enough as Alain turns around in his seat, smiling widely, "you're awake! Glad you woke up first and not him."

"What are you doing?" Hannah asks him, "Why in the world are you doing all this stuff?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out soon," Alain taunts, getting out of his beach chair to walk over to the both of them.

Hannah rolls his eyes at him for teasing her like that. Alain goes to Ash to kick his leg, him abruptly waking up from his sleep with a shock. His eyes look around the place before settling on Hannah, him wondering how he got into this place.

"W-what? W-where are we-"

"Good question, still waiting on the answer though," Hannah says as she shoots dirty looks to Alain.

Alain was about to say something when the scientist with him stood up abruptly with his phone in his hand. He looks to Alain and speaks, "I need to go to Lysandre. I'm keeping you in charge."

He's about to leave when he turns back and stares Alain directly in the eyes, "And whatever you do, don't let them go. Am I clear?"

"Crystal," Alain replies, the scientist nodding and quickly walking off to the elevator.

When he enters the elevator and the floors start to tick down, Alain's smirk grows even wider and when he's sure the scientist is gone, he moves to take a key out of his pocket. 

He smirks and bounces in anticipation as he unlocks only Ash's restraints, his arms falling limp against his body. He looks up to see Alain going to the beach chairs and grabbing something from a locked container, his Pokéballs.

Ash's eyes widen in realisation as he stands up with the wall supporting him. Alain walks up to him and chucks his belt on the floor.

He looks at his belt and sees Pikachu's Pokéball, but knows he's not in there. He starts to panic when Alain speaks up, "relax, your Pikachu is okay," he walks back to the chair and picks up the unconscious Pokemon, "he also inhaled the gas, so I didn't wanna put him in this Pokéball. Same with Weavile."

He places Pikachu on the ground and chucks Ash an Awakening, "I can't beat you properly if you have a disadvantage."

Ash uses the potion and sees Pikachu arise from his sleep. Pikachu opens his eyes and happily jumps into his trainer's arms, snuggling himself into his neck. He checks over Pikachu and sees he's almost fully recovered from his battle with Hannah.

"I need to prove to you who's the bigger man," Alain looks to Hannah, "and finally show you."

"Show me what?!" Hannah yells, frustrated. Alain ignores her as he zeros in on Ash.