[27] and they kiss (and kiss and kiss)

He sat back on his side of the sofa and turned his head to look at Chris, who had his legs folded up but was lying down.

"So," the latter broke the silence, "your family, where are they tonight?"

"Mom and dad took my older brother to grandma and grandpa. William lives in Norway and is visiting."

"Right, right, the reason you can't stay out on weekdays and Sundays."

Dylan nodded.

"And what about your sister?"

"Riley is staying at a friend's whom I am pretty sure she's dating."

Chris chuckled. "What a nice brother you are, letting your sister sleep at his house."

"Firstly," Dylan held up a finger, "I am in no position to say who she can and can't date, and I won't rat on her. And secondly, it's not a boy, unless 'Nelly' is just a codename. Plus that they're the same age, so I'm not worried."

"Why do you think that they're dating?"

Dylan smiled softly, scooping up a handful of popcorn and stuffing them into his mouth. "Because she blushes when I ask about her... And she was a pro at helping me heal the hickeys that you gave me."

Chris laughed, he, too, grabbing some popcorn. By now, the movie was all forgotten.

"What about your parents," Dylan avoided bringing up the brother, "what are they doing on a Saturday night?"

"Dad's probably working and mom might be out? I honestly don't know," he put one leg up in the air, then down to rest on top of Dylan's legs. Then, he reached over to the popcorn bowl and grabbed a handful.

"What do they think- did you just throw popcorn at me?" Dylan snapped his eyes to Chris, who was giggling like a little boy. He was so unlike the person Dylan had thought, so far from the hard exterior that he showed strangers.

"Maybe I did," he stuck his tongue out. Dylan smiled mischievously, grabbing the entire bowl, and started throwing handfuls at a time at the other. Chris laughed, trying to catch as much of the small snacks as possible in his mouth. 

Dylan didn't stop, and after only a few moments, Chris couldn't fit anymore and laughed before mumbling:

"Now kiss me you fool!" 

And Dylan did. He threw himself over the dark-haired boy, connecting their lips mid-laugh and sighed, feeling very self-satisfied. He shifted closer, gently stroking Chris's hair out of his face as the latter hummed and repositioned his legs to make them easier to sit between. 

Dylan couldn't help but smile into the kiss as their lips parted and reconnected in a rhythmic dance. It was all so easy when they were alone, even though they'd been together for such a short time. It felt like floating on water, so effortless and making you feel so light, without a care in the world.

Alternatively, it felt like laying on the clouds in the sky, looking down at the small buildings and the even tinier people, feeling like an ethereal being, born from the sky and not earth. Like being a god.

He felt bubbly, a giddiness that he hadn't felt in a long time resurfacing from the depths of his soul. He moved his lips downward, kissing the side of Chris's cheek, then jaw and neck, making sure to leave some marks along the way, just for good measure. 

Chris sighed from above him as his lips met his defined collarbone, nipping lightly at them. 

Then, a loud sound made Dylan start, looking up. Chris met his gaze and laughed at his startled facial expression, then nodded toward the TV. Dylan followed his gaze, finding that there was a gunfight on the screen.