Chapter 52

--Preview--

The dinner was full of laughter and warmth. Occasionally Yi Lin's mumble would mix up with chatting voices, making the atmosphere feel warmth and harmony. 

While smiling, Li Na slowly stood from her chair "Everyone, listen to me. I have news to tell. A good one" Her voice attracted her family's attention to her.

As everyone's eyes focused on her, Li Na glanced at Shen Yun Tian with a star in her eyes. Took out the ultrasound scan, she excitedly announced, "I am pregnant!!!" 

"Really?!!" The commotion occurred, everyone started to cheers in unison. With a smile on her face, Li Na nodded continuously  "Yeah, already confirmed it. I am 3 months pregnant".

As the dinner became lively somehow she noticed that Shen Yun Tian was a little bit dazed. Although her expectation of Shen Yun Tian's reaction was a miss, she felt worried when he just smiles as receiving the congratulation.

"Are you alright?" Li Na whispered into his ears. 

He looks at her, nodded and smiles gently. His face as someone soon to become a dad was too calm.

Doesn't he feel happy? Don't he wants to say anything to her? Where are her kisses? Hug? Or maybe he doesn't want... He couldn't possibly think that. Stop letting your imagination run wild Li Na! Although she denied her thought, Li Na still hugs her lower belly unconsciously.

For that whole dinner, she ignored her husband and continue talking with her family. The food that previously was delicious and tasteful somehow felt bland and tasteless so she just gulped it down through her throat with an artificial smile plastered on her face.

As she is too indulged in her moody state, she didn't realize that that seemly 'calm' Shen Yun Tian was putting too much salt into the bowl, or the spicy dishes that he tends to avoid was added by a large amount on his plate and that scorched soup was sipped without being blown before going into his mouth. 

That obviously going to hurt him or worse leave a scald on his tongue but the way he looked on the outside was too steady and impenetrable like that small mistakes were not his own.

Saying goodbye to her parents, Li Na came into the car and let Shen Yun Tian drove quietly. She is sulking. Occasionally she took a glance at him since she is waiting for him to coax her. 

-----------------

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Love you \(^v^)/