Chapter 31

Blair walked out of her room, Popchik at her heel, ready as she could be for the night's events

Blair walked out of her room, Popchik at her heel, ready as she could be for the night's events. She turned to close her door behind her, bumping into Jason when she turned back around.

Jason's eyes widened, his mouth falling open as he took in her outfit. Jules had picked out some leather pants and one of the tightest, sheerest, and sparkliest shirts the store had for her to wear despite Blair saying there was no way she could pull it off. Now she tugged on a curly strand of hair, shifting awkwardly on her feet as Jason stared at her, "Umm, hey."

Jason tore his eyes away from her outfit only to immediately become distracted by her eyes. It wasn't that they were lined with glitter, her entire body was really, it was that they were a startling blue-green for the first time since he had first seen it months ago. Blair bit her lip, unsure of what he was thinking. Blinking himself out of the daze, he coughed lightly, "I have never seen you like this."

"There's never been a need for me to look like this." She said awkwardly. Seeing that neither one of them were going to move, Popchik took off down the hallway, sniffing around. "Does it look bad?"

"No! No, you look amazing!" He shook his head quickly. "I didn't think it was possible for you to look better than you always do, but I guess I was wrong."

Blair blushed, her eyes falling on her shoes to avoid his gaze. Luckily at that very moment, Alfred appeared in the hallway, "Oh, I was about to come get you. Miss Blair, your friends are here."

She looked up at the older man, nodding slightly. Alfred looked between the two, a knowing gleam shining in his eyes, "Am I interrupting something?"

Popchik ran up to Alfred, jumping on his legs. The old man bent down to pick him up as both Blair and Jason shook their heads, "No, nothing."

Holding the excited dog in his hands, Alfred studied them again before nodding, "Well, you two should get downstairs. I'm going to go feed this one." He turned to start walking away before looking over his shoulder. "Oh, and Miss Blair? Have a good time."

Blair watched as Alfred walked away, speaking softly to Popchik, her heart pounding as she thought about the night ahead. Taking a deep breath, she forced a happy smile before following Alfred down the stairs, Jason on her tail.

She made it to the last step before she looked up, eyes falling on Matty Truman next to Jules. A smile, a real smile, broke out on her face as she ran over to give him a tight hug, "Matty!"

"Blair Luna!" He hugged her back with the same amount of enthusiasm. "Happy early birthday, Tater Tot."

Blair reached over to give Jules a hug while Jason bit back a laugh, "Tater Tot?"